What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek - Rites

Jan Garbarek (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Samplers, Percussion), Rainer Brüninghaus (Keyboard, Piano), Eberhard Weber (Bass), Marilyn Mazur (Percussion, Drums) and Bugge Wesseltoft (Synthesizer/Electronic Effects).

Streaming on NAS… ending the night with Jan Garbarek’s ‘Rites’ which has a nice smooth rythm to open the album and produce a lovely calm setting as the day winds down and getting ready to head off to dream land. I enjoy Jan’s music and this is one sweet album!

6 Likes

1 Like

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

22 Likes

Actually I prefer the 2009 version but each to his own.
I find there’s less clipping/distortion on the odd guitar moment and the bass is much more tuneful.

1 Like

6 Likes

Breakfast on R3. An hour of Today proved more than enough!

1 Like

I agree, I suppose I was referring to the sheer impact when first heard all those years ago.

Feeling a Bowie day ahead,The Next Day playing now,but may move backwards from there !

7 Likes

Yes… I know what you mean. There was a period of about a decade and a half where the hifi was relegated to the loft and stayed there for two or three house moves. Eventually it was brought down from the loft and I found listening to the album (and this was the same vinyl I’d purchased back in the 70’s) after 15 years was more emotional than first listening as teenager… perhaps the maturity added something to the mix. Even now it’s still an album that can bring tears to my eyes at the close of side 1. Simply genius.

1 Like

Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour

Always a good fix for depressing weather and politics. Beautiful.

Phil

10 Likes

abcc1eca762ce6d3214cb6f2eeab0986d28a1aca_2_492x500

16 Likes

Ziggy,30th anniversary edition,disc 2, Arnold Corns takes,demo’s etc ,might be settling in for the whole day !

4 Likes

George Benson, Earl Klugh - Collaboration - 2014 Warner / EU issue of Japan CD / 8122 79572 0

6 Likes

Now moved on to Aladdin Sane,original vinyl,definitely on a “ Back to my youth” day.
Mike Garson’s piano really hitting the spot,superb!

5 Likes

In the Court of the Crimson King

Haven’t played this for a while. Progressive Rock at its best.

Phil

18 Likes

I saw him about a year ago, he’s still great on stage, and you get a good mix. He played a lot from the fine album that had just come out, but also a good selection from Howlin’ Wind, Squeezing Out Sparks and Heat Treatment. Enjoy, you’ll have a blast (I see him again at the end of November).

2 Likes

IMG_0565

Lloyd Cole - Guesswork. The guitars are largely abandoned and the keyboards and electronics are to the fore. Very good - especially like the track “Violins”

5 Likes

Wonderful album - a favourite !

2 Likes

Moby - Hotel

The ambient disc of the two. Getting quite a bit of play here recently. Good to work to. Or chill.

3 Likes

5 Likes