What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Thanks for the information I’m looking forward to the gig.

1 Like

13 Likes

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - Blue Maqams

Anouar Brahem (Oud), Dave Holland (Double Bass), Jack DeJohnette (Drums) and Django Bates (Piano).

Streaming on NAS… opening this Thursday morning with the beautiful music from this fantastic quartet. Love all of Anouar’s albums, sweet music!

6 Likes
2 Likes

Squeeze - Cradle To The Grave

Cheery mid-afternoon lifter.

3 Likes

roses

I wanted to play it in the car, driving through the God-Botherer Belt, blasting out I Am The Resurrection. But I didn’t, because that’s also the AK-47 Belt.

12 Likes

11 Likes

Jesca Hoop - Stonechild

I’ve not listened to this album since I bought it some years ago. I was disappointed then, but now it has been transformed thanks to the dedicated radial supply and standalone music server.

6 Likes

Valerie June - Pushin’ Against A Stone

2 Likes

Was the house empty Phil?

Liverpool. June 2012
from the excellent, complete cycle on Naxos…

7 Likes

My wife closes the doors and works upstairs! If I want a meal if have to be more careful what I play! Does it sound better at high volume?

Phil

1 Like

On CD - Mavis Staples - Only for the lonely. A collection of songs from c.1969 when she was with the Stax label.

In my view, a great soul singer. CD is cited as 24 BIT Remastered but to my ears some of the source material is lacking in fine clarity. Nonetheless a very enjoyable album.

Aretha garnered the superlative plaudits and labels but Mavis should not be overlooked in my view.

5 Likes

Playing these 2 LPs:

image image

After seeing this film of the legendary 24th February gig at The RAH:

A real Experience!

Richard

13 Likes

ABBA - The Visitors [1981]

Their final studio album together, unsurprisingly darker and more melancholic than their earlier material. According to discogs this was the first album ever released on CD [1983], the sound quality is wonderful a big wide dynamic range full of nuances inviting you to crank it up. Lovely

10 Likes

Super Trooper [1980]

While listening to The Visitors I realised that I just had to tee up another one from the Swedish fabs.

8 Likes

16 Likes

Fish%20Tales%20From%20The%20Big%20Bus%20620497

2 Likes

Alison Krauss - Forget About It (1999)

The lady with a voice that always grabs my attention and keeps me riveted every time I hear her singing.

13 Likes