What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

The Rails - Chase the Sun - WAV CD rip
Excellent recent album from this folk rock duo, songs with a bleak worldview with a hint of humour, played and sung with real style. Looking forward to seeing them in Hebden Bridge tonight.

2 Likes

Gretchen Peters - Hello Cruel World

It just so happens I was also driving along with Stones Roses today , the perfect distraction to London’s traffic and rain today… Home now and listening to their Remixes album which is excellent if you haven’t heard it .

4 Likes

The Rails - Other People, Other Songs - WAV CD rip
Freebie disc with Cancel the Sun, a set of high quality songs, again tending to the bleak, fine chiming guitar and string vocals from James, and lovely vocals from Kami.

1 Like

Alone on R4. Good value. Mitch and Will meet a shared former ex.

10 Likes

My favourite Yes album not one bad track hard to believe it’s getting on for half a century !

17 Likes

The best of the Faces - Good Boys…

Good tunes to cook with. Good times :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I have loads of Keith Jarrett albums but oddly, given it’s his most well known album, I’ve never heard this before. I downloaded it years ago, but only today does it get its first outing. I’m only playing it now because we are thinking about visiting Cologne.

14 Likes

Public Service Broadcasting - The Race For Space, atmospheric.

11 Likes

12 Likes

His (Their) best album in years. Bright Horses is an epic track.

2 Likes

This is a great album.
SJM was fab on the Communards version “Don’t leave me this way”. A few years ago Jimmy Somerville was at Rewind in Henley and SJM joined him to sing “Don’t leave me this way”. Seeing them singing together was amazing, and both have superb voices.

Good album , particularly the track ‘The Other Side’ about the first Lunar Orbit . Saw them live at Hammersmith Apollo a couple of years ago and they work really well on stage .

2 Likes

10 Likes

Always enjoy “The Other Side”, even though we know the outcome, the tension is palpable until the Apollo confirms all is ok.

2 Likes

Paul McCartney - Off The Ground, where he adopts more of a group sound, employing his then touring outfit.Could have been a better album, as many excellent songs were relegated to cd single b - sides.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Taking my new ex demo 552/500 dr amps on a spin thru some great old and recent music, just to get the feel of the new combo👍

10 Likes

Ahem…@Gazza, when can we expect a thread in HiFi Corner on these beasts?