What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

The weekend…ex demo, but new cables, burndies…but it does sound special to me, already.

7 Likes

That’s how we feel, just imagine way back when … Incredible achievement and bravery .

1 Like

Now playing…

Public Service Broadcasting - The Race For Space

Streaming on TIDAL… a mention from @AlanP above had me place this in the TIDAL queue and now taking out for a spin. First time I have heard this album and it is interesting and sounding mighty fine!

6 Likes

3 Likes

Not every track is a success, and as you say it’s interesting!.Still, a nice bit of variety :+1:

1 Like

Traveling Wilburys - Vol 1, on HDCD.

11 Likes

Goldfrapp - Tales of Us .
Always been a fan , I think this was the first Hi-Res Album I bought . Sounds Wonderful.

17 Likes

Elvis - Golden Records

10 Likes

Of course …

Beautiful song !

5 Likes

11 Likes

Calling it a night with Nina Simone.

8 Likes

Diana Krall - Only Trust Your Heart.

13 Likes

The Rails - Breakneck Speed & Bonnie Portmore - vinyl singles
A couple of original singles the band found in the loft and had at the merch table at today’s gig, I don’t think they expected to sell them, James just picked a price at random when I picked them up. From their early folkie style, lovely harmony singing, Kami taking the lead, beautifully played and sung.

6 Likes

Oh, not that "just found in the loft " routine :rofl:
How was the gig ?

1 Like

The gig was great. Cancel the Sun, their new album, is a lot heavier than their first two folk-rock albums, and the gig followed that. Excellent songs, great singing and harmony, and a series of guitar solos from James that Richard Thompson would have been proud of, one of my gigs of the year.

2 Likes

Excellent, can’t beat a bit of plank spanking!
Pardon my ignorance Eoin, but does your impressive deck have auto speed change, or do you have to do it manually?

1 Like

It’s autoish, the left hand silver box on the lower shelf is the power supply (phono stage on the right). Throw the switch on the power supply to the left, the LED glows green and you’re playing 33, throw it to the right, LED glows red and you’re playing 45. That’s the Vertere power supply I added earlier in the year, an unmodified TMS with Roksan power supply has the same logic, but controlled by the two buttons you can see on the lower metal plate on the front of the deck.

1 Like

Very nifty, so it’s not really a chore to play a single which is nice.I always enjoy your write up’s of any upgrades that you action on the tt and the relationship you have with the designer.
Goodnight.

1 Like