What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - Thimar

Anouar Brahem (Oud), John Surman (Soprano Saxophone, Bass Clarinet) and Dave Holland (Double-Bass).

Streaming on NAS… kicking off this evening with Anouar, John and Dave, one sweet trio and a beautiful album!

7 Likes

Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour

9 Likes

Neil Diamond 12 Songs

9 Likes

Relaxing on a Friday afternoon. The Bee Gees - The Very Best.

9 Likes

Another 70 cent Goodwill pickup:

3 Likes

To start the day off:

Michael Hedges - Aerial Boundaries. Released in 1985 on the high quality Windham Hill label, this was a ground-breaking acoustic guitar album, showcasing (then) new playing techniques. I never tire of listening to this. This exhibits creativity of the highest order and the playing and constructs remain as fresh today as they did then. Sadly, MH passed away far too early (IIRC killed in a car accident).

Don’t let the music filing tag of ‘new age’ put you off (it’s really not) - this is simply sensational music and craftsmanship.

Highly recommended.

10 Likes

From 2017 - CD - Alison Krauss - Windy City. Wonderful vocals from AK. Well worth ~£8 for the CD IMV. I prefer her earlier works but this is very good.

11 Likes

The Eagles- Greatest Hits.

10 Likes

Last night live at St George’s.

2 Likes

I’ve not played this for ages … still a great foot stomping sound.

10 Likes

13 Likes

I haven’t played that for years, I must dig it out, I would also say its a highly recommended listen.

Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits

11 Likes

Another classic from NC

10 Likes

Every day is a Bach day, but I’ve been neglecting him of late.

7 Likes

26 Likes

4 Likes

I have Astrakan Cafe, The Astounding Eyes Of Rita and Blue Maqams lined up for later.

1 Like

First up was

Opeth - In Cauda Venenum

5 Likes

Now some Lisa Stansfield before going to see her tomorrow night.

9 Likes