What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

13 Likes

A little more Lisa - Real Love

4 Likes

The only way this could be improved is if they’d added “For that Jamiewednesday fellah, he loves this sort of stuff!”

3 Likes

Great version of Clapouts Mainline Florida

8 Likes

I haven’t heard that one, Pete. That’ll be corrected ASAP.

1 Like

Now playing

Jakob Bro - Gefion

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums).

Streaming on NAS
 kicking off this Friday morning with the Jakob’s ‘Gefion’ released in 2015 and first as a band leader. Love his music and have been fortunate to see him play here in Seattle. Gefion is one sweet album!

6 Likes

another great “ambient stereo” remaster from Pristine/Andrew Rose

4 Likes

23 Likes

Now Playing

Jakob Bro - Streams

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass) and Joey Baron (Drums).

Streaming on NAS
 continuing on with Jakob’s 2016 release ‘Streams’ which is another fantastic album and working so well to put a smile on my face this Friday morning, loving it! Another sweet album and a wonderful trio

6 Likes

I saw her on Tuesday night. A superb gig, Guildford was jumping.
I recommend watching the support act - Jazz Morley. Jazz is a young lady with a stunning voice. Bought her CD during the interval.
An awesome night out

2 Likes

13 Likes

It’s wet outside and it’s one of those times when I feel the need for something slightly raucous, which can be played at 11/10 on the dial.

On very early pressing 12 inch 45rpm vinyl (released 1984) - Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Two tribes

Immense creativity from Trevor Horn and the FGTH band. To my ears it’s a mini-symphony.

12 Likes

The Dead South - Good Company

Yeeeeharrrrrr

Great stuff!

2 Likes

Thanks Graham, will do.

21 Likes

11 Likes

CD - Atlantic Recording Corporation 1994 : )

Jon Anderson – lead vocals
Steve Howe – guitar, electric sitar, backing vocals
Chris Squire – bass, backing vocals
Rick Wakeman – keyboards
Bill Bruford – drums, percussion

Recorded at Advision Studios, London Feb - July 1972 / Album release Sept 1972

<>

:balloon::balloon: Happy Birthday Jon Anderson! :balloon::birthday:

:musical_note: 75 years old Today! :smiley:

21 Likes

Now playing

Maciej Obara Quartet - Three Crowns

Maciej Obara (Alto Saxophone), Dominik Wania (Piano), Ole Morten VĂ„gan (Double Bass) and Gard Nilssen (Drums).

Streaming on TIDAL
 a mention from @Lontano in the ‘Manfred Eicher & ECM’ thread that this album had been released today had me check TIDAL and it was available, so into the queue and taking out for a spin. Enjoyed his last release and this is sounding might fine! A wonderful quartet
 I looked to order this and here in the US they have a release date listed as 11/15 on the river.

3 Likes

Riverside - Wasteland

4 Likes

Lana Del Ray - Born to Die on CD from 2012

Unique delivery and production arrangements (lots of bass & back beats) which keep my ear interested
although I’m not a completist when it comes to her output. A case of ‘only so much of a good thing’.

Dark, broody, in parts haunting and very complex to say the least
and not everyone’s cup of tea. An album that is an assault on one’s senses.

11 Likes