What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

LP - WEA Records : )

The Pretenders

• Chrissie Hynde – lead vocals (all but 11 & 15), rhythm guitar, harmonica
  • Robbie McIntosh – lead guitar, backing vocals
  • Malcolm Foster – bass guitar, backing vocals
  • Martin Chambers – drums, backing vocals, lead vocals (11), percussion

Additional personnel

• Billy Bremner – lead guitar on “Back on the Chain Gang” and “My City Was Gone”, rhythm guitar and vocals on “Thin Line Between Love and Hate”
  • Tony Butler – bass guitar on “Back on the Chain Gang” and “My City Was Gone”
  • Andrew Bodnar – bass guitar and vocals on “Thin Line Between Love and Hate”
  • Paul Carrack – piano and vocals on “Thin Line Between Love and Hate”

<>

:balloon::balloon: Happy Birthday Robbie McIntosh! :birthday::balloon:

:guitar: 62 years old Today! :smiley:

21 Likes

Yes, I like it, it’s nicely rhythmic. Strong bass with wandering jazz like melodies. It seems well mastered.

1 Like

Now playing…

Van Morrison - The Prophet Speaks

Van Morrison (Harmonica, Alto Saxophone, Vocals), Joey DeFrancesco (Keyboards, Organ, Trumpet), Shana Morrison (Background Vocals), Michael Ode| (Drums), Troy Roberts (Bass, Acoustic Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Jim Stern (Tambourine) and Dan Wilson(Acoustic Guitar)

Streaming on TIDAL… a few mentions of Van above had me grab a Van album to take out for a spin and, as usual, he is sounding mighty fine!

9 Likes

Tord Gustavsen Trio - Being There

6 Likes

21 Likes

Presumably because they want you to buy the full album at this stage…I was hoping to give it a listen as I am seeing Van on Monday evening in Nottingham, although doubt much of the new one, if any at all, will be played. Hoping also that it is better than a year ago when I was disappointed, seemed to be going through the motions and couldn’t wait to get back to his cocoa and bed back at the hotel…

The winter nights are drawing close…cans on, eyes closed. Boom!

3 Likes

this is really a good album. The whole thing. Very enjoyable.

Brothers Landreth,Canadian band,Let It Lie album,they sound very much like the Eagles,
not such a bad thing !

2 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars (Songs from the Film). Vocals and production stripped down from the album version. It sounds like a live recording in a small hall with orchestra.

14 Likes

Eberhard Weber - Encore. ECM night chez Hollow

4 Likes

7 Likes

Boz Scaggs - Out Of The Blues, third spin after acquiring earlier in the week :+1:

17 Likes

7 Likes

Cannonball Adderley - Somethin’ Else, classic.

18 Likes

6 Likes

Something incredible in terms of vocal capabilities - Dimash

https://youtu.be/ROXjGMbrWt8

1 Like

And again

https://youtu.be/OJfNaXcxM0E

1 Like