What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Skipinnish

Steer By The Stars

Fantastic Scottish folk band, highly recommended if you like Scottish folk music.

Edward

4 Likes

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly - 2017 Warner / Japan SHM CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / WPCR 17866

He’s an artist, a pioneer
We’ve got to have some music on the new frontier

19 Likes

Old Dominion
First play of there new album.

The best of the Faces - Good Boys…

Air-guitar, shoulder drops, gurning, one leg on the monitor :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Pete Townshend : Ronnie Lane - Rough Mix.

14 Likes

Soundgarden%20-%20Live%20From%20The%20Artists%20Den
Cd flac rip
The first posthumous release from Soundgarden is Live from the Artist’s Den, a hefty set documenting a hefty concert originally aired on PBS’ long-running series during its sixth season in 2013. At the time Soundgarden gave their Artist’s Den concert at the Wiltern in Los Angeles, they were three years deep into their reunion and in the midst of promoting their 2012 comeback album King Animal. All this means is that the stars aligned for Soundgarden to give a concert where they dug deep into their catalog – a two-and-a-half-hour show, presented in full as a double-CD, quadruple-LP, and single Blu-ray, depending on what format you like. The set list doesn’t skimp on the hits, but they’re strategically placed, surrounded by deep cuts (the group digs out “Blind Dogs,” a song they contributed to the soundtrack of The Basketball Diaries in 1995) and material from King Animal. All the unexpected song selections help give the album a slight edge that contrasts with the exceptionally polished presentation. The band wears its middle age well, sounding focused and more exacting than they did in the '90s, yet still undeniably vigorous. That Soundgarden sustains that energy throughout a marathon is a testament to their strength as musicians, and that Live from the Artist’s Den maintains its interest throughout its two and a half hours is a testament to the depth of their catalog. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine

3 Likes

Some easy listening after the drama of the rugby and now cleaning up after last night’s dinner party.

19 Likes

On CD:-

16 Likes

On CD:
Seemed fitting with all the rain and gales

12 Likes

Grace Potter - Daylight
Powerful voice and great bluesy roots rock.

3 Likes

George Michael - Listen Without Prejudice

What a voice. What an album. I’ve loved this ever since it first came out and I doubt I’ll ever tire of it.

11 Likes

6 Likes

KT Tunstall - Eye To The Telescope, cracking first album :+1:

16 Likes

LP - Electra 1989 : )

10,000 Maniacs

Jerome Augustyniak – drums
Robert Buck – electric guitar, acoustic guitar
Dennis Drew – organ, piano
Steve Gustafson – bass guitar
Natalie Merchant – vocals, piano, pipe organ

Additional musicians

Jevetta Steele – backing vocals
Jason Osborn – arrangement, orchestral direction
Krista Bennion Feeney – first violin
Mitsuru Tsubota – second violin
Louise Schulman – viola
Myron Lutzke – cello
Dennis Godburn – bassoon
Robert Wolinsky – harpsichord
Scott Kuney – classical guitar
Frank Luther – double bass

Recorded November 1988 – March 1989, Dreamland Recording Studio, West Hurley, New York

<>

:balloon::balloon: Happy Birthday Natalie Merchant! :birthday::balloon:

:elephant: :elephant: 56 years young Today! :smiley:

20 Likes

Lisa Simone - In Need of Love
Listened to a couple of great tracks a few weeks ago, the full album released on Friday is not a disappointment.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Skipinnish

The Seventh Wave

Continuing with Skipinnish, this band is new to me, my speech therapist while helping me after my stroke recommended this group, I am enjoying this music so much that I am heading into Glasgow to HMV and Fopp to buy some of their albums.

Edward

6 Likes

A favourite of mine, just lovely👍

1 Like

@winkyincanada reminded me to spin this album, its wonderful, but my only RLJ. Any other must have’s?

17 Likes

I’d read a review a couple of weeks back which mentioned an album from a Danish musician i was not familiar with. A lot of Tidal plays later, i’ve now discovered some rather fine new music and have since bought the rest of her albums to add to my collection.

Agnes Obel - Philharmonics

14 Likes