What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

10 Likes

A cracking album.

Gene Clark, Roger McGuinn & Chris Hillman doing there best not to sound like The Byrds, never the less a great album.

5 Likes

Thanks Dan

1 Like

Now playing…

Susanne Abbuehl - The Gift

Susanne Abbuehl (Voice), Matthieu Michel (Flugelhorn), Wolfert Brederode (Piano, Indian Harmonium) and Olavi Louhivuori (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on TIDAL… continuing on with Susanne this Saturday morning and she and the rest of the quartet is sounding mighty fine. “The Gift”, recorded in the summer of 2012. As with her early album poetry is embraced and includes words by Emily Dickinson, Emily Bronté, Sara Teasdale, Wallace Stevens, and Susanne’s own lyrics. One sweet album!

3 Likes

There are few more instantly recognizable voices in pop music than Kate’s. She’s a treasure.

1 Like

Grigory Sokolov is a recent discovery for me. He is almost exactly my age – slightly younger in fact. The fact that he plays so well perhaps suggests there is hope for me yet !! Ha!!
sokolov
enjoy/ken

6 Likes

The Flying Burrito Brothers - The Gilded Palace of Sin
Probably Gram Parsons finest body of work with great supporting vocals from Chris Hillman. A very fine album.

6 Likes

Skipinnish

Western Ocean

Edward

2 Likes

Will have the pleasure of seeing him live in 1,5 weeks

1 Like

Another run…, as said before less dynamic than the other live albums, but still very good…

4 Likes

8 Likes

18 Likes

11 Likes

Sade - Stronger Than Pride

21 Likes

Enjoy this one - new album coming out in a week or so (Bandcamp)

1 Like

Roxy Music,For Your Pleasure,one of the best albums of the 70’s,so much better than the chart act they became,IMO.

10 Likes

5 Likes

Now playing…

Susanne Abbuehl - April

Susanne Abbuehl (Voice), Wolfert Brederode (Piano, Harmonium, Melodica), Christof May (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet) and Samuel Rohrer (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on TIDAL… completing the trio of albums that Susanne has released via ECM Records. ‘April’ was her debut album released in 2001 and contains music of Carla Bley, settings of E.E. Cummings, a radical remake of '‘Round Midnight’, and a midnight raga. Susanne’s vocals are wonderful along with the musicians in the quartet and have a feeling I will be adding more of her catalogue to my collection. Another sweet album!

2 Likes

This is a fantastic song. It really touches my heart and my Naim system helps me to enjoy this moment even more so…

12 Likes