What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Paul McCartney - Tripping the Live Fantastic Highlights!
17 tracks from the original 37, recorded during the Flowers in the Dirt Tour, it was the first time he had included any Beatles songs and they fill most of this album.

8 Likes

100% agree Stephen, and although the song is about something else, these lyrics are appropriate for us all here.

Sounds never dissipate, they only recreate
in another place

1 Like

15 Likes

Amos Lee - Mission Bell

Some random bloke who sings songs and plays a guitar.

11 Likes

A Touch of Yello !

13 Likes

1 Like

Tom Adams - Silence

A truly magical piece of music. This is an album that has the power to totally relax and engage at the same time. Beautiful and stunning compositions with Tom’s soaring countertenor (or is that castrato?) voice swirling around the music…music to get totally lost in. It is like a powerful barbiturate without the side effects but still has an addictive quality, in a good way.

I absolutely love this, but I am sure others will hate it.

9 Likes

New cd from charity shop

12 Likes

A nice album…, while varying styles of music

2 Likes

Have recently signed up for the 90 day trial of Amazon HD. Downloaded this in Ultra HD to my phone to test out some new aptx bluetooth headphones from RHA. Sounds good, but as others have commented I’m not sure if it’s as good as her first album.

11 Likes

Belter Stephen! So takes me back. Listening to All ‘n’ All on Tidal now, I realised that I have only one ‘collection’ EW&F album in my collection, so went on the river and got me a copy of All ‘n’ All.

Great shout, and glad to hear you are loving your Naim streaming system.

2 Likes

Every now and then this is needed

22 Likes

Listening to this after a quick look at Aaron Frazer facebook page…drummer and singer for Durand Jones and the initiations. He drums on all the tracks…rather nice on Spotify.

Lucky you!! I’m green with envy!! Is that the one in Blaibach on 4th Nov, or Nuremberg on 6th Nov??
Unfortunately, nothing scheduled this side of Europe :frowning:
Please let us know how the event turns out!

enjoy/ken

6 Likes

It grows on you. It did on me.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

5 Likes

@Gazza I’ve been in love with Rickie since her first album, like others have posted you really can’t go wrong with any album. But a great place to start would be Pirates , it has the great track We Belong Together among others. The Evening of My Best Day is also a classic.

IMO Rickie Lee Jones is one of the most underrated artist still alive. Good luck.

4 Likes

It’s the one on the 6th of November in Nuremberg…, really looking forward to it, he always has delivered the goods so far…

1 Like