What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

3 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel Of Love.

12 Likes

12 Likes

Sade - Lovers Rock.

Sade - Soldier of Love.

Some chilling out to the queen of relaxed … just lurve her velvet-toned voice. :sunglasses:

21 Likes

Also forgot to mention Rickie Lee Jones is currently touring the UK.

2 Likes

Superb albums two of my favourites.

1 Like

Got my copy this morning excellent quality comparable to the much more expensive Music Matters LP’s I own. Havent had time to compare to the other issue I have but it sounds excellent, pressing is dead quiet and perfectly flat. Well worth the £30

10 Likes

5 Likes

Always enjoyable…

6 Likes

Now playing…

Lyle Lovett - Pontiac

Streaming on NAS… kicking off the afternoon with Lyle Lovett and his ‘Pontiac’ album, fine music and lyrics, and Lyle and the band is sounding might fine. One sweet album!

11 Likes

From the early 1980s on CD - Bonnie Tyler - Faster than the speed of night.

Bonnie does rock-chick and power balladeer with great success, courtesy of the involvement of Jim Steinman (of Meat Loaf/Bat out of hell fame) who produced the album.

Great to listen to loud!

7 Likes

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

Benefiting from some tweaks to mains plug arrangements to put more space between the poweramp and everything else. Sounding the best I have ever heard it.

The theory is the poweramp can have a wildly fluctuating current so if you don’t use a separate mains block for everything else more space helps. I was able to move the 552 and 555 PSs down one on my block of wall sockets.

Interesting thread on the MusicWorks mains block.

Phi

16 Likes

Sonny Landreth - From The Reach, although he has other name guitarists guesting on the album, Landreth’s slide work shines through.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Mark Knopfler - The Ragpicker’s Dream

Streaming on NAS… moving on from Lyle to Mark and the fantastic album ‘The Ragpicker’s Dream.’ Sounding mighty sweet this afternoon, love it!

10 Likes

Fantastic sounding in quadrophonic.

1 Like

Should listen to his work as part of John Hiatts backing band.

2 Likes

Trax off the new John Moreland album due out next Feb

Joe Henry due out Nov 15th.

3 Likes

You got me intrigued, Nigel. When that voice kicked in, I almost hit the off button. But I stuck with it, and I’m glad I did. Your description nails it. On first hearing, the vocals are not a million miles away from Sigur Ros. And I mean that in a good way.

2 Likes

love lyle – just ordered this album plus another one. but £20 a hit on amazon!!! ah well…

enjoy/ken

3 Likes