What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Shame he isn’t more well known. Some great albums.

1 Like

1160b20e198983d11990c897d265f9dbaf8c4c7a_2_500x500

8 Likes

Start The Week on R4. Englishness (or possibly more accurately, London Englishness) through the eyes of painters Hogarth, Freud and Humphrey Ocean. Introduced by Andrew Marr. A very enjoyable stretch.

1 Like

Such joyful music, brilliantly performed.

7 Likes

Eric Dolphy - Last Date

Recorded just four weeks before his death for VARA radio station, Hilversum, on 2 June 1964 with Misja Mengelberg’s quartet; Dolphy changed places with the regular alto player, Piet Noordijk.
Dolphy - Flute, bass clarinet, alto saxophone
Mengelberg - Piano
Jacques Schols - Bass
Han Bennink - Drums

This is an astonishing album. Dolphy’s flute solo in ‘You Don’t Know What Love Is’ is truly sublime. The sound is excellent.

3 Likes

Neil Cowley Trio - Spacebound Apes

5 Likes

Have been listening to this Bille Eilish CD for the last couple of weeks (not exclusively!) and have grown to really appreciate it. For someone so young (just 17) she is very talented.

4 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

Arranged for String Quartet by Peter Lichtenthal (1780-1853)
SACD on Challenge

3 Likes

Probably my favourite Simply Red album, not least because it takes me back to 1989 which was a great year for me on so many fronts. I remember going to see them that year at The Ritz in New York when the sound system failed. While it was being fixed he burst into a spontaneous rendition of Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay on his own without a microphone and it was quite wonderful.

10 Likes

Ezra Furman - Day Of The Dog

Now playing…

Skipinnish - The Seventh Wave

Streaming on TIDAL… kicking off Monday morning with Skipinnish’s ‘The Seventh Wave.’ The band was mentioned a few days ago and I had place a couple of albums in the TIDAL queue and now taking one out for a spin. The opening track ‘Alive’ which has the beat and the lyrics which seems appropriate for this dark cold morning to get my arse in gear. Sounding mighty fine this morning

4 Likes

Grachan Moncur III - Some Other Stuff

Fancied some ear stretching music over lunch and this certainly meets the expectations. But it’s also exceptionally well recorded, with all instruments sounding like real instruments.

4 Likes

War: Grooves & Messages - The Greatest Hits of War (includes remix CD).

3 Likes

Bjork - Vespertine

On Vinyl

7 Likes

Atlanta Rhythm Section - A Rock and Roll Alternative
Great southern rock album

6 Likes

I went to Tewkesbury this morning … the Seven and Avon had burst their banks again so this album was appropriate.

1 Like

Elbow - Giants Of All Sizes

Typical Elbow fayre, nothing revolutionary. If you’re a fan, that may be ok.

8 Likes

Bat For Lashes - Lost Girls. First listen, sounding good so far.

6 Likes