What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Neil Diamond - The Bang Years

To my ears, very decent sixties pop.

6 Likes

Elbow - Giants of All Sizes. It’s a grower.

6 Likes

Roy Buchanan - Second Album
The World’s Greatest Unknown Guitarist

4 Likes

6 x LP boxset - Telefunken 1965 : )

If any Vinyl diehards are interested there is a pre-owned 6LP set of this going on Amazon uk
Currently priced up at ÂŁ17.61 which includes delivery from Germany! :yum:

<>

Frans BrĂźggen was born on this day in 1934 [d.2014]

7 Likes

Tame Impala - Currents

:heart:

10 Likes

Allison Moorer - Blood

The new album from Allison, there is also a book tied to the album which is being published in November that I have on pre-order

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @Debs - just snaffled it! :smiley:

2 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - introducing Triveni

Avishai Cohen (trumpet), Omer Avital (bass) and Nasheet Waits (drums).

Streaming on TIDAL… after listening to Avishai in person last evening, and it was an outstanding performance, I need to check out his catalogue once again. The trio is sounding mighty sweet this morning!

3 Likes

November 2007
SACD on the LSO house label

4 Likes

Lee Morgan - Search for the New Land

Possibly Morgan’s finest? It seems a step beyond typical hard bop of the time, particularly the incredibly inventive title track, which doesn’t seem to fall in any specific category, other than brilliant.

9 Likes

I love this thread, but I’m wondering if there’s any interest in a separate one for recordings released in 2001 or later. It might make this one more manageable, for a start.

Herbie Hancock - Empyrean Isles - 1987 Blue Note / US CD / CDP 7 84175 2

hancockilescd

13 Likes

Miranda Lambert - Kerosene

2 Likes

Wooden Shjips fine five track, thirty three minute eponymous debut album [2007]. Following in the tradition of great psychedelic rock coming out of San Francisco these boys added a sprinkling of stoner.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Triveni II

Avishai Cohen (trumpet), Omer Avital (bass) and Nasheet Waits (drums).

Streaming on TIDAL… continuing on this morning with Avishai and the Triveni trio and they are sounding mighty fine!

5 Likes

Natalie Merchant - Retrospective

I was prompted by another thread to play Ophelia and check out the bass there on, which is quite boomy. This isn’t a lot better, but I do like She Devil and the version of Cowbow Romance on this album.

7 Likes

First of three CDs:

8 Likes

Dos [2009]

What better reason than I just wanted to hear another album from Wooden Shjips, this was their sophomore.

4 Likes

I’m not sure why I’ve never listened to, or bought, this. Perhaps prejudice as it was a girlfriend’s favourite back in 1992. Well worth the listen …

8 Likes

Joss Stone - Water For Your Soul

Joss jammin’ joyously.

Brilliant but bonkers!

8 Likes