What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Victory - The Broken Instrument

Not sure why, but I love this.

5 Likes

One of the true masters of the Tele. I saw Albert Lee last night and on the way home was planning a day of listening to Cropper, Buchanan, Burton, Lee and Donahue when I next have a day free at home.

3 Likes

If there were a dislike button… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Super CD this !

6 Likes

8 Likes

Don’t Go Near The Water [1971]

The Beach Boys given the 2016 SACD treatment, and to any youngsters here, yes we were talking about pollution and abusing the planet before you were born.

12 Likes

@Camphuw Document is a great album by a brilliant band.

2 Likes

Not forgetting his Live Gigs

1 Like

Having heard and enjoyed a live recording on BBC Radio 3 the other afternoon, I thought I’d better get myself a recording. First play.

3 Likes

I visited Tewkesbury Abbey earlier in the week and noticed a forthcoming concert: Five Mystical Songs and the German Requiem.
I know the Vaughn Williams’ songs well, but am familiarising myself with the Brahms.

4 Likes

Verdi Requiem to be performed there by highly regarded Stroud Choral under their esteemed conductor Huw William of Bath Abbey soon.

We are doing Haydn’s The Creation on the last Sunday of November! Two Soloists from Voces 8.

Phil

3 Likes

From this excellent set, Disc 4, “Live In Texas 1972” - a high-energy, almost manic, set from The King and his band.

8 Likes

It’s a year or so since I’ve been to a concert; the last was at the cathedral, a traditional requiem but I can’t recall whose.

The abbey looks, to my eye at least, to have a magnificent acoustic. Badger and I did a quick tour and noticed two fine organs.

1 Like

3 Likes

Perhaps because you were tired of hearing about “shiny happy effing people” :rage:

3 Likes

1 Like

Blue Note U.S First Press. Incredible sonics from a record recorded and pressed close to sixty years ago. I’m not a huge fan of the Jazz organ but Jimmy Smith is an exception, also
featuring the great Stanley Turrentine on Tenor Sax, Kenny Burrell guitar and Donald Bailey on drums.

12 Likes

6 Likes

That’s odd. You can pick a track and it will play… I used to DJ at Uni and played track 8 at an English Soc disco. They never asked me back.

3 Likes

Nice bargain a while back on Qobuz

9 Likes