What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

7 Likes

8 Likes

Roomful of Blues - Hot Little Mama

1 Like

Genesis …and then there were three…

This was my first Genesis album chosen because it was in Oxfam. I’ve never found their early albums before this in the charity shops and this one not since. I bought the others I play mostly on Discogs for reasonable prices.

Whether you like this album may depend a bit on getting all the sounds unraveled enough. Even then it may sound a bit loud - it’s a very big sound rather than nice delicate stuff. You can imagine being at a gig or Student Union Friday/Saturday Night Dance with the music sounding deafening and you are trying to chat up a young lady you fancy! Then you get a quieter song for a moment and you can smooch and whisper sweet nothing in it her ear! Memories!

Well it’s rather good today.

Phil

6 Likes

It sounds as though you need to go and lie down.

4 Likes

Angela Hewitt has such a wonderful way with Bach. This recording is delightful.

6 Likes

Haha. …not reached that stage yet…

1 Like

Spinning Diana Ross n Supremes Best Of,just got great seats for Leeds Arena June 2020!

Sugar Ray & The Bluetones - Knockout

2 Likes

Tangerine Dream - Rubycon
On Vinyl

10 Likes

Original vinyl

15 Likes

Aretha.
My very old but perfect US pressing.

What a woman!

17 Likes

Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge
Original Vinyl
Loved that original virgin label designed by Roger Dean

12 Likes

LP2 from the vinyl box set

13 Likes

Lou Reed - Transformer

Got this from Oxfam a couple of weeks ago. Wow, what an amazing album. My views of his singing have been completely changed - he has a very very good voice and a real musical sense that carries off these rather quirky lyrics off brilliantly.

Phil

21 Likes

Doyle Bramhall II - Rich Man

7 Likes

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
On Vinyl
40th Anniversary Edition

24 Likes

Doyle Bramhall Sr - Bird Nest On The Ground

2 Likes

Get The Blessing. All is Yes. 2009
Debut album from the Bristolians. Took a pinch of Bristol trip hop, electronica and beatnik scenes with a wallop of pure analogue rock jazzness.

1 Like

Now playing…

Shai MaestroTrio - Untold Stories

Shai Maestro (piano), Jorge Roeder (bass) and Ziv Ravitz (drums).

Streaming on TIDAL… kicking off this Thursday morning with the Shai Maesto Trio’s Untold Stories released in 2015. First time giving this album a spin and the opening track is sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album.

4 Likes