What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Keb’ Mo’ - Suitcase.

Another excellent modern blues album from the ever reliable Keb’ Mo’.

Even better, available as a twin pack, along with “Just Like You”, on The River, for not many pennies at all.

12 Likes

Having had a distraction with a bit of Floyd, I’m back on my Bowie journey. This and Ziggy have been my favourite Bowie albums for many a year.

16 Likes

Because I really haven’t listened enough to these lovely remasters of Kate Bush from last year’s various sets. A Sensual World was originally released in 1989 and sounds wonderful here in its latest guise.

9 Likes

I like this record. The tracks are very easy to get into.

Ziggy just had to follow Hunk Dory…

22 Likes

Kings of Leon | Because of the Times

A band of various rock persuasions who kept it all in the Tennessee family comprising three brothers and their first cousin.

3 Likes

I used to have this as an american NTSC copy on DVD many years ago, and just found it on TIDAL, fantastic show with Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, KD Lang and many more.
All I need now is to pick up my ND5XS/2 on Thursday and have a good old listen on the Supernait 2.

5 Likes

One of my favourite Woody Shaw LPs !

3 Likes

Van Morrison - The Philosopher’s Stone.

Double album of previously unreleased tracks from Van the Man … hard to believe that these remained unknown for so long … great stuff.

9 Likes

Rein de Graaff quintet - New York jazz

Nice jazz from 1979.

1 Like

Rush_A%20Farewell%20To%20Kings-635526

10 Likes

More Fourplay

5 Likes

Listened to this again last night. It is a really good album. Alt J - Reduxer

Cheers

1 Like

Love this “funky blend of world music and jazz rock”. Right up my street.

Akpe Motion - Loco-Motion

1 Like

I saw Maria mentioned in a comment earlier regarding the Commitments. Nice to listen to her solo work

Trentemøller - Fixion.

‘Hard edged electronic pop’; mesmeric, hypnotic, difficult to put down.
Recommended.

2 Likes

18 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Couldn’t Stand The Weather.

In the mood for some Texas blues, so, who better than Stevie Ray?

This album has his legendary version of Voodoo Child, and is presently something of a bargain over on The River, bundled with his “Texas Flood” album, for not much at all.

16 Likes

Excellent on vinyl Dave :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gabriel’s “Melt” album is my personal favourite, and “Family Snapshot” always gives me goosebumps, no matter how often I’ve listened to it, down the years. :hushed:

2 Likes