What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

That’s the cover of the re-issued Dog My Cat. The original version had a different artwork.

Did you end up getting his latest which he released under another name Steve?

1 Like

ZZ Top - Tres Hombres

My introduction to the gentle and soothing tones :wink: of ZZ Top plopped through the letterbox today.

This is a 2006/2005 remaster with three live tracks stuck on the and, and flippin’ heck, what a belter this is.

Thanks to those on here who suggested how I might get acquainted with these gentlemen. I shall certainly be expanding my collection.

11 Likes

Altered Five Blues Band - Charmed And Dangerous

Fancy some hard-hitting blues with a sense of humour, then you could do worse than giving this a go.

I love it!

4 Likes

A number of albums arrived today – ripping them as ‘we speak’ - first one – probably an overlap with others I already have, but hey…
bill%20evans%20orginal%20albums
enjoy/ken

9 Likes

The long beard for fans is not mandatory😁

2 Likes

Will Hoge - My American Dream - Vinyl

Stunning country rock album, Hoge’s angry about the state of America, and his passion turns into some of the best and most powerful new music I’ve heard in years.

5 Likes

And I was thinking of growing one…that is how impressed I am!

2 Likes

I thought I already had this, but just realised it (and other Natalies) were in my ‘wish list’
natalie%2010000%20maniacs
enjoy/ken

10 Likes

Joe Bonamassa & Mahalia Barnes - Riding With The Kings.

Here’s a studio session bonus feature from Joe’s “Live at the Greek Theatre” Blu-ray.

I posted this before, on the old forum, but it’s worth flagging it up again just to hear Mahalia Barnes … what a powerhouse voice!

3 Likes

Recommended by a kind soul here sometime ago:
natalie%20eponymous
enjoy/ken

8 Likes

Ooohhhh…that looks interesting Dave. I will certainly be checking this out.

2 Likes

This was also languishing in my ‘wish list’:
natalie%20motherland

is there any such thing as ‘enough’ music?? surely I have enough music in my collection now? Not!
enjoy/ken

16 Likes

Apparently that was the song that influenced this…

4 Likes

Or change your surname to Beard to match the not-as-hirsute-chin drummer Frank Beard, you could stay NigelB.

Hi Nigel,

Don’t know whether you’re into Joe Bonamassa, but he’s always at his best when doing it live in front of an audience, and some of his concert albums and Blu-rays are just stunning.

This particular track is included as an extra on “Live at the Greek”, during his “Three Kings” tour, which pays tribute to the music of three of his heroes, i.e. B.B., Albert, and Freddie King.

Mahalia Barnes was best known in her native Australia, but since joining Joe’s band, her voice is finally getting some well deserved recognition…a modern day Aretha, almost, IMHO.

1 Like

Prompted by the post from Steve_S and streamed from my NAS, this live album (“Road Ragas”) is probably my favourite Harry Manx album.

51NPVpW9X%20L

As Steve has pointed out, someone who deserves a much wider audience - just an infectious blend of Blues and Indian music.

5 Likes

Vinyl

5 Likes

Continuing the Peter Gabriel theme, “up”

12 Likes

Mine arrived this morning as well. Enjoy!

1 Like

Years since played this vinyl set all the way through. LP1 tonight

5 Likes