What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Jackson Browne

The Very Best of Jackson Browne - CD Rip

Edward

7 Likes

Antonio Vivaldi - La Stravagabza - streaming from Innuos

Where is @Tabbycat who was the regular promoter of the wonderful works of Vivaldi.

Phil

6 Likes

1973 | 1986

Green Desert

In the mood for something from the Tangs’, I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for this studio album. Ripped from the fine sounding original release on the Jive Electro label in '86. It is believed to have been recorded in August 1973 prior to Phaedra at the Skyline Studio, Berlin. It then lay dormant and unpublished until it was remixed and mastered 1984 and finally released in 1986.

5 Likes

Frampton Comes Alive!, after a definite case of overkill ,I can enjoy this again :grinning:

9 Likes

Cousin Silas - Galactic Procession

Cousin Silas going all Berlin School for the second time and doing a very good job of making it different and interesting with nods toward early Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze. Electronic, ambient and spacey he creates wonderful soundscapes, this is very fine.

2 Likes

Time for another classic live album .after a reminder from @Polarbear

Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous

11 Likes

Status Quo - Live!, from '76,back when Quo were a proper band and really rocked out

8 Likes

Kurt Elling - Live in Chicago

3 Likes

Now playing…

Andy Bey - Ain’t Necessarily So

Andy Bey (piano, vocals), Peter Washington (bass), Kenny Washington (drums) and Vito Lesczak (drums).

Streaming on NAS… kicking off this Wednesday morning with the beautiful music and voice of Andy Bey! One sweet album…

3 Likes

John Meyer - Battle Studies

5 Likes

London, November 1981

3 Likes

Rachel Grimes - Book of Leaves

With thanks to Max who introduced me to her with this album

2 Likes

Dire Straits - Live at the BBC, the original band captured in July '78, featuring the bulk of the debut album and an extra song from '81.

7 Likes

Kurt Cobain - vocals, guitar
Dave Grohl - drums, backing vocals
Krist Novoselic - bass guitar, vocals
Additional musicians:
Kirk Canning – cello on “Something in the Way”
Chad Channing - cymbals, drums on the “Smart Studio Sessions” (Deluxe Edition)

<>

Kurt would be celebrating his 52nd birthday today had he not died in 1994 : /

12 Likes

10 Likes

Another excellent choice Alan :blush:

1 Like

Little Feat - Representing The Mambo
from the complete warner bros years
ripped CD -

10 Likes

Cheers, and I was just about to give you the thumbs up for “Burn”.I know it’s not everybody’s favourite Purple lineup ,but to me it has aged better than others in their catalogue .

“Made in Europe” was my introduction to proper music, David Coverdale on vocal’s, as you say its not everyones favourite line up but it opened my eyes and ears when I first heard it back in the seventies.

1 Like

Got a bit of a soft spot for Coverdale ( local lad ), plus my wife nursed his poorly mum ,he was a real gent by all accounts.