What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Quartet & the Quintet by Jack Sheldon.

Swinging West Coast jazz.

3 Likes

Primal Scream - Give Out But Don’t Give Up : The Original Memphis Recordings.

I know, it’s not big, and it’s not clever, but I find myself posting this one yet again !

One of my records of 2018, this is the album that should have been all along … brilliant doesn’t cover it.

If you haven’t listened to this, it’s there on Tidal, so have a bash, you’ll love it!

10 Likes

Out of Myself

Some fine early Riverside prog’ rock, this was their debut.

5 Likes

Lovely album

Good on Tidal but epic on 45 rpm double vinyl

M.

1 Like

carrying on the live vibe Chez Puttick

Eric Clapton - Crossroads 2 (live in the seventies), spinning disc two , compiled from concerts in June '75, awesome.

5 Likes

Again, not everyone’s favourite frontman but I love this album.

6 Likes

Samsara Blues Experiment - Revelation & Mystery

Hard to categorise these German boys who play heavy, hard and dark psychedelic blues and stoner rock, this particular album has well played hints of Sabbath. Lot’s to get the old noodle around…

3 Likes

Now playing…

J. S. Ondara - Tales of America

Streaming on TIDAL… after several comments from others a few days back regarding ‘Tales of America’ I placed it in the TIDAL queue. J. S. is sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album…

6 Likes

Ray Brown - The red hot Ray Brown trio

With the great Gene Harris on piano.

4 Likes

Amos Lee - Mission Bell

My latest Amos Lee acquisition, prompted by someone else in this fine place. I have 4 of this gentleman’s albums which I can only describe as wonderful blend of soul, folk, country and a tinge of the blues - now firmly one of my favourite singer/songwriters. There is not one duff track across all 4 albums, and that takes some doing.

A seriously talented chap, IMHO.

7 Likes

Steve Winwood

Steve Winwood - Qobuz Studio

I don’t have any of Steve’s albums but after hearing one of his albums playing in the background in HMV in Glasgow (Arc Of A Diver) I said to myself I must listen to more his music, so I decided to start with his first album, So far I am enjoying this a lot.

Edward

7 Likes

Talking of classic live albums thought I’d give this one a spin

AC DC If You Want Blood

8 Likes

22 Likes

Err you are in the studio with them, great recording

1 Like

A favourite, it’s just a pleasure to hear him.

Stacey is a new find for me (goodness knows why) Just bought this album a couple of days ago. It has to be played just st the right time, but when it is the right time it’s perfect.

Cheers

5 Likes

Bob Dylan and the Band - Before the Flood - 1980s vinyl

After a few days laid up with near-terminal man-flu, nice to feel like listening to music again without hurting my head. And what better way to start than this fantastic folk rock live double from his Bobness and the Band?

9 Likes

1969 - (2010 release) NAS / wav…

5 Likes

+1

Peter Gabriel, shaking the tree.

11 Likes