What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Pink Floyd

Wish You Were Here (2011 Remaster) - 24/96

Edward

21 Likes

As a Scot, I can assure you that has been no footie. None. Zero. Nada.

2 Likes

Tord Gustavsen Trio - The Other Side

Good record. It was a good gig. Good times.

4 Likes

Now playing…

The Road Is Dark

Michael Jerome Browne - The Road is Dark

Michael Jerome Browne (National guitar, fiddle banjo), John McColgan (washboard), Mighty Popo (acoustic guitar), Steve Marriner (harmonica), Jody Benjamin (acoustic guitar) and Michael Ball (fiddle).

Streaming on TIDAL… I had taken this album out for a spin last week and wanted to give it another spin. Some very nice blues and country influences across the album and he has a very fine voice. Some fine music from Michael and his group of musicians, worth a listen.

3 Likes

Tracey Thorn - Record. On rather fetching translucent red vinyl. Only just arrived so it’s the first play, but first impressions are really positive - her voice is as seductive as ever. A very good sounding disc too, flat pressing and perfectly cantered.

7 Likes

Fairport Convention - Heyday

These are some of Fairport’s best songs recorded essentially live for the BBC Top Gear programme in '68 and '69. Some versions here are better than the released versions; especially noteworthy is Percy’s Song. And, of course, it is the wonderful Sandy Denny singing.

9 Likes

3 Likes

Hot Rail

I fancied a bit of Arizonan and Mexican fusion so Joey Burns and the Boys were the ones to call upon…

6 Likes

5 Likes

Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 1. Listened to this a couple of times now and it’s really getting under my skin. I do wonder how they are going to follow it up with Part 2 scheduled for release in the Winter of this year. It’ll have to be damned good to live up to Part 1. Like this a lot.

3 Likes

17 Likes

The Barr Brothers fine eponymous debut album. A lovely mix of well played different genres from Americana to swampy delta blues, African and back via world music it’s all good listening.

7 Likes

The Decemberists - I’ll Be Your Girl, on white vinyl. Another recent purchase and it’s a tight accomplished set of songs, but, somehow, not yet caught my imagination. Think it’ll take few more plays for it to really grab me. Very good sounding pressing tho.

4 Likes

CD

Why? Was flicking through the shelves and saw it.

steve

Sandy Denny - Like an Old Fashioned Waltz

Having just played Heyday, I I felt the need for more of Sandy Denny - such an immense talent.

10 Likes

Pink Floyd A Saucer full of secrets :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Just turned up in the post-today. A post-by@Andyp got me on youtube listening to this artist. The youtube clips are so fresh, and take me back to how the the clubs and pubs gave bands a chance. She seems to have done the circuit, and this album is wonderful.
Apologies…a new fan

2 Likes

Triggered by the post in the download section, great album…

3 Likes

Europe

The Final Countdown - CD Rip

Edward

5 Likes

Sandy.

You can’t have too much Sandy.

12 Likes