What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Streaming on Qobuz, never heard this version of No. 2 until today, but enjoying it very much.

7 Likes

Bit of a retro sound but always a joyful one to listen to.

The latest album from Pama International. Available on Bandcamp.

1 Like

My favourite Antonio Forcione album Sketches of Africa

10 Likes

Bert Weedon - Play in a Day! Hits, misses and collectibles 1956-1962. Many a British guitarist were helped along there way to greatness by using Bert’s Play in a Day guide books.

8 Likes

Eddie Harris, Eddie Who. with terrific Ralph Armstrong on bass.
Herbie Hancock, Headhunters, fabulous 2015 Analogue Productions reissue!

5 Likes

Jim Snidero - MD66

Personnel: Jim Snidero: sax; Alex Sipiagin: trumpet; Andy LaVerne: piano; Ugonna Okegwo: bass; Rudy Royston: drums.

1 Like

12 Likes

14 Likes
8 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

NYC. April 1965

Masterpiece!!! Listening to the CD on ESP

4 Likes

Aye, I was given a copy of Bert’s “Play in a Day” book when I was about twelve … I certainly couldn’t play one day later … and am still struggling some fifty years on … wot a rip off! :rofl:

5 Likes

Time for some Eric Clapton - Journeyman 1989.
I love the August/Journeyman/Pilgrim era.

Then some Blind Faith (to upset the Americans who had different cover art).

13 Likes

Mbilia Bel
Bel Canto: Best of the Genidia Years (Congo Classics 1982-1987)

Starting to listen to some of the album recommendations from the KBOO Women of Africa radio programme.

This one is great. Each track is a marathon but never tiring to listen to listen to. Just like being at one long summer carnival. And some of the guitar riffs are good enough to eat!

From Wikipedia:

M’bilia Bel (born 1959) is a rumba and world music singer from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.[1] She is known as the “Queen of Congolese and African Rumba”.[2] She rose to fame after first being discovered by Sam Manguana and later by Tabu Ley Rochereau who really helped her to gain confidence, master full control of her powerful soprano-voice and to reach to the summit of being one of the best Congolese female singers.

Mono CD (2009). This lot seem quite good - with a bit of hard work and some luck, they could go far.

16 Likes

Moses Mayes. Inventive jazz funk

1 Like