What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

1 Like

Neil Young - Heart of Gold Live CD 10 - WAV CD rip
A 1995 Farm Aid gig from the fantastic value 10 CD bootleg set, Neil,solo with friends joining. American folk-rock Neil, superb music. Great stuff, listen to Willie Nelson joining him on Four Strong Winds, not a dry eye in this room.

12 Likes

Rustin Man. Clockdust. Where on Earth did this obscure little gem come from. @bhoyo of course.

Rustin Man is Paul Webb of Talk Talk but you knew that didn’t you.

2 Likes

Needledrop from NAS

16 Likes

Family. Music in a Doll’s house. Like a lot of people in 1968 I bought this on the strength of the cover. A progressive rock album that has stood the test of time and I never tire of playing it.

11 Likes
1 Like

Still my favourite (and most played) release of the year

9 Likes

No disrespect to Brian but Scott was the man. Pure coincidence this track was recorded live in Glasgow, Scotty Land. Is that spooky or what.!?:crazy_face:

19 Likes

Was at the gig Tony. Brilliant night.

5 Likes

Alice Cooper- Billion Dollar Babies.

This one never gets old. Still as fresh as the first time I heard it (in about 1978 I think)

10 Likes

I thought you’d been to it, Ewe. Must have been one hell of a gig!:clap::clap::clap::sunglasses:

A mention from Lontano earlier prompted me to check this out, Kenny Wheeler Quintet with an all star line up, Widow in the Window, fabulous album with the usual sublime recording and production standards from ECM, pity it’s not hires on Qobuz but still sounds excellent 44/16

3 Likes

It was the atmosphere was electric. The band British Lions (most of the old Mott the Hoople) were support but didn’t like them, don’t think most people did as we were there to see Bon and the boys.

The only other band that I saw that created that kind of atmosphere was the Stones. You felt like every seat in the theatre had been plugged into mains the place was that electric. There was about 6" of snow outside for the Stones gig and no heating on indoors but you were sweating like pigs.

Had seen them in 76 as well as I was in Edinburgh working at our warehouse helping out and a friend who worked for Polydor had gotten some free tickets so a group of us went along to the Leith Theatre. Another absolutely brilliant night.

They just loved playing to Scots audiences.

Still one the best live bands I have ever seen

4 Likes

Now playing…

Mathias Eick - Ravensburg

Mathias Eick (Trumpet, Voice), Håkon Aase (Violin), Andreas Ulvo (Piano), Audun Erlien (Electric Bass), Torstein Lofthus (Drums) and Helge Andreas Norbakken (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this afternoon with Mathias’s ‘Ravensburg’ released in March 2018 and this sextet is sounding mighty sweet!

5 Likes

Great memories. Thank you for sharing, Ewe.

10 Likes

This, for me, is one of the greatest ECM recordings - so much groove. I remember buying this on release back in 1989 and then seeing this band play live at Ronnie Scott’s and being blown away by it. And then they play a couple of ballads that are exquisite. Well worth checking out…

Dave Holland, Steve Coleman, Kevin Eubanks and Marvin Smitty Smith.

Dave Holland Extensions

10 Likes

You’re spot on Tony, Bon Scott was the man. Imo they weren’t the same without him.

3 Likes

Just Finished…

Arve Henriksen - The Nature of Connections

Arve Henriksen (trumpet, piccolo trumpet, piano), Nils Økland (violin, Hardanger fiddle, Viola d´amore), Svante Henryson (cello), Gjermund Larsen (violin, Hardanger fiddle), Mats Eilertsen (double bass) and Audun Kleive (drums).

Streamed on Qobus (48/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Arve and another fabulous sextet and the music is sounding mighty sweet.

4 Likes