What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Grateful Dead - Workingman’s Dead (50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)
Playing Disc 1 of 3

12 Likes

This is a fantastic album. The more you listen the more it enthrals!

3 Likes

12 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Through The Past, Darkly, on sacd.Why?, because this is the best way I can hear the glorious singles, Jumpin’ Jack Flash and Honky Tonk Women.

15 Likes

Taj Mahal - World Blues

11 Likes

It’s past my bed time, I’ll just squeeze this in first Marvin Gaye What’s Going On.

23 Likes

Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin’ Simon
On Vinyl
Such a stunning record every track is absolutely marvellous.

14 Likes

Spinning the first Blue Note of the day.

Lou Donaldson - Mr Shing-A-Ling

Unknown

First track = Ode To Billie Joe, fantastic!

5 Likes

Today more test listening.

4 Likes

Ray Wylie Hubbard - Co-Starring

3 Likes

Santana - Abraxas
On Vinyl

23 Likes

I enjoy almost all of Fink’s catalogue every now and again but you, sir, are a binge listener extraordinaire!

2 Likes

Enigma - Moon
David M. Epp and Carolyn Olesen are a very talented duo from Nebraska and not that other Enigma.

2 Likes

Derek & the Dominos - In Concert.

11 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

Now playing…

Fink - Bloom Innocent

Fin Greenall (Bass, Cajon, Daf, Digital Effects, E-Bow, Fender Rhodes, Guitar, 12 String Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer Bass, Vocals), Nicky Hustinx (Drums, Percussion), Lee Jones (Lap Steel Guitar), Florian Juncker (Trombone), Paul Kleber (Synthesizer Bass), Morris Kliphuis (Cornet, French Horn), Tomer Moked (Bass, Bouzouki, Bass Clarinet, Cymbals, Fender Rhodes, Alto Flute, Guitar (Electric Guitar, Kamanche, Piano, Prophet Synthesizer, Slide Guitar, String Arrangements, Viola, Violin), Johanna Stein (Cello), Tim Thornton (Drums, Electric Guitar) and Guy Whittaker (Bass).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning and completing the binge run on Fink’s music, I just didn’t have time to complete the cycle yesterday of all of his albums but a nice way to kick off this bright and sunny Saturday morning!

7 Likes

Magazine - Real Life

Not listened to this either for an age. Listening to a CD Rip via Roon.
I might drag ‘the correct use of soap’ out later on… but probably not since that would also mean dragging the record cleaner out.

9 Likes

dip2

dip

Let’s break out an old cassette. Chicago 82: A Dip In the Lake (Les Disques du Crepuscule) is a “live report” by Wim Mertens on the New Musical Festival in Chicago, July 1982, featuring music and interviews (by Mertens). Dedicated to John Cage, and intended to be released on his 70th birthday, 5 September 1982. In the end it came out in Spring 1983. Very rare these days, I think.

Still plays fine – it’s a mixture of spoken word and minimalist/avant garde music. Among the participants are Peter Gordon, Thurston Moore, Harold Budd, Lee Ranaldo, Meredith Monk, Glenn Branca, Mertens, Cage and Jon Gibson.

1 Like

On CD

10 Likes