What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Manassas. Pieces. Scraping the barrel? I don’t think so. Great stuff

8 Likes

Atoms for Peace - AMOK

Longtime Radiohead album artwork collaborator Stanley Donwood lends his signature style.

At first listen, debut album Amok seems to be an electronic progression of Yorke’s solo effort, and a riskier version of Radiohead’s album In Rainbows. Yorke’s voice is melodious and really lingers on tracks like “Default” and rushes through under a layer of synth on “Before Your Very Eyes” just like he did on “OK Computer”.

Yorke takes more of a gamble on his sound, something he may not feel able to do as part of Radiohead. Amok is full of Yorke’s childlike lyrics, which flow particularly well as he laments.

6 Likes

Richard and Linda Thompson - Pour Down Like Silver.

First listen to the version on ‘Hard Luck Stories’ - bought as a FLAC download. Sadly the metadata doesn’t seem to include individual album titles and/or cover images. Still I’ve got the originals as well so not really an issue, more of an irritation.

9 Likes

One of the many iconic Blue Note covers, don’t you think Graham?

1 Like

Absolutely Alan

1 Like

I really enjoyed this film, and many of the Beatle song interpretations are really rather good.
Also parts filmed very close to where I live… Ramsholt Arms and Shingle Street on the River Deben/Suffolk Coast.

9 Likes

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Tarkus / 2012 Sony / EU CD x 2 + DVDA / 88691937962

13 Likes

Bought already last week, but didn’t have a spot to listen, so first run…

3 Likes

5 Likes

Ronnie Wood - Now Look, a little gem which should be in any Stones fan’s collection imho.

11 Likes

12 Likes

9 Likes

Musique à la chapelle royale de Versailles. 5-CD Virgin Classics box set purchased on the premises in 2015.

Cuurently listening to CD No. 1, music by Henry Du Mont (1610-1684). I was not fortunate enough to hear live music at the Versailles chapel but this is the next best thing. Excellent interpretation and recordings, the Naim / Harbeth system plays wonderfully.

That CD box set is available for a few pounds at discogs BTW

Claude

2 Likes

Turiya Alice Coltrane and Devadip Carlos Santana - Illuminations, another of the Santana albums that baffled me on release, but, as I have become older, I can enjoy the music now.

6 Likes

Loved the Fantastic Negrito album - bits of it reminded me of Prince. Will give this a go.

11 Likes

My desert island Bossa CD

1 Like

John Lennon - Live in New York City, a massively important recording from a historical viewpoint, just a shame the music doesn’t match it.Wow, Elephants Memory were pants!

6 Likes

Change of repertoire.

Genesis, We Can’t Dance. 4-track cassette.

The new (for us) cassette deck seems to captivate Ms. ClaudeP’s attention more than the main system ever did. So she went out shopping and found a few pre-recorded cassettes to play on it.

For me that’s 2 firsts: Unless I’m mistaken, I never had a prerecorded cassette before and I never listened to the whole We Can’t Dance. 20 minutes into it I’m comforted in my decision to not care much about the band after Wind And Wutering. We’ll see…

Claude

7 Likes