What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I’m not a Fender fan, but it’s not bad for a Strat.

8 Likes

After a few mentions of him by @seakayaker:

Nils Petter Molvær - Hamada

A riffing reminder of the night he played in my town. I’m not a writer but he seemed to be the Hendrix of the trumpet.

3 Likes

Listened to these two Prefab Sprout albums earlier. First up was Andromeda Heights which, until recently I only had on CD, but I bought the vinyl reissue from last year and it sounds sublime. Second was Protest Songs, again on reissued vinyl - another fine album.

14 Likes

Richard & Linda Thompson - Pour Down Like Silver - 16/44 download (Hard Luck Stories set)
More superb folk rock from the Thompsons, great songs, great guitar work, sublime vocals. And fantastic remastering.

12 Likes

It’s funny because I always thought of Hendrix as being the Molvaer of the guitar :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

11 Likes

Move over Molvaer let Jimi take over.

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

Spot of gentle west coast (of London) rock to ease one into the evening. Not played this for far too long.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Now playing…

Michel Benita - Looking At Sounds

Michel Benita (Double Bass, Laptop), Matthieu Michel (Fluegelhorn), Jozef Dumoulin (Fender Rhodes, Electronics) and Philippe Garcia (Drums, Electronics).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… a recent September 2020 release and Michel and this talented quartet are sounding simply sweet on the opening track! I loved his last album ‘River Silver’ and have looked forward to his newest release and it is not disappointing at all.

3 Likes

Some lovely Natalie tonight methinks…what a voice…Beloved Wife tears me up every time.

16 Likes

Not sure about this pairing. Keb’ Mo’ appears little more than a backing singer on here, hardly a duet. Certainly doesn’t showcase his talent IMHO.

2 Likes

Indeed, I can’t see past that great guitar.

2 Likes

17 Likes

tell me more please

Just a classic moment in music imo.

18 Likes

Elton John - Breaking Hearts, the previous album Too Low For Zero had been a return to form, and this album continued that pattern.Both records saw the return of the original Elton John Band, which must have helped.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Matthieu Bordenave - La traversée

Matthieu Bordenave (Tenor Saxophone), Patrice Moret (Double Bass) and Florian Weber (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this afternoon with another new release, September 25, 2020, from ECM. First time leader on an album for ECM and the trio is sounding mighty fine on the opening track and looking forward to the rest of the album,

3 Likes

No I’m never gonna do it without the fez on

3 Likes