What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

1 Like

2 Likes

( and @anon71888798 ) Not so sure on the 750. I know what the cover says but mine (an early and blue vinyl copy - at the time it was flagged here) has no serial # (blank/750) and the bar code on the left has been crossed through.

Can there really be any left?

Bruce Springsteen’s Tunnel of Love.

19 Likes

Some classic lyrics on this much underrated album ,eg: Takes the money from my hand while his eyes take a walk all over you ,brilliant !

1 Like

Just listening to that now great lyrics, “or just a brilliant disguise”. it’s an excellent album.

1 Like

Genesis, Nursery Cryme, CD rip

Is 8:30 in the morning too early for some of the best from Genesis? :wink:

20 Likes

Probably glams last hooray, Diamond Dogs Bowie.

20 Likes

Not listened to for a while but a cracking record with brilliant production

16 Likes

Sorry - Debut by Bjork

2 Likes

Sneak one more before dinner, Supertramps wonderful and aptly named Crisis, What Crisis.

19 Likes

No idea @HappyListener but I did read somewhere that such records could be test pressings.

Campoli, LSO, Argenta - Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto

I’ve inherited my late mother-in-law’s record collection. Many of the records were purchased when they were in Boston in the late ‘50s. I am cleaning the discs as I go on the Okki Nokki, but they’re mostly in remarkable condition. They’re all heavy weight vinyl and mostly with thick cardboard sleeves and lined inner sleeves. I haven’t found a warped disc yet. They certainly knew how to manufacture vinyl LPs in those days.

6 Likes

Ones and Sixes by Low. Streaming in hi-res. The track Congregation was used recently in Devs and just sounds brilliant

9 Likes

9 Likes

John Cougar Mellencamp. Scarecrow. One of those artists I love listening to but never buy. This is another great one from 1985 and recommended by @LSLFAN

7 Likes

Should try to catch Tim Burgess liveTwitter feed ,on next Sunday night,Mike Garson is taking part,chance to ask questions about making of Diamond Dogs. Aladdin Sane was last Sunday,also over the three Sunday’s following Diamond Dogs,the feed will be
Young Americans
Pinups
Reality,
all with Mike Garson involved.

2 Likes

Haven’t listened to this in a while. Really good album.

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire - Head To The Sky - 2004 Sony / Japan Promo CD / MHCP 400

9 Likes

I would only I don’t have a Twitter account.
Thanks anyway. :grin: