What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I used to have this on LP back when I had my LP12 and it was a wonderful recording. Now I have a ripped CD but haven’t listened to it for ages. Today it is sounding fresh and wonderful. I particularly like Earl’s version of ‘I Heard It Through The Grapevine’.

1 Like

Jerry Goldsmith / Ron Jones

Star Trek: The Best Of Both Worlds Volume 2

Edward

5 Likes

The Cult, Pure Cult for Rockers Ravers Lovers and Sinners, CD rip

Not played this for absolutely years! Some excellent 80’s rock :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yellowjackets - Like A River - 1993 GRP / Japan Promo CD / MVCR 126

Pulling out some not played in a while favorites today, and why not - it’s Friday!

1 Man Facing North
2 My Old School
3 River Waltz
4 Dewey (For Miles)
5 Memoirs
6 Azure Moon
7 Sueños
8 1998
9 Sandstone
10 Solitude

4 Likes

Fleet Foxes , through the “bookshelf” Iota’s.

7 Likes

Thanks johnt, not listened to this in ages.

1 Like

Metallica - Ride The Lightning
On CD

6 Likes

Jazz on the Corner Two - a selection of jazz compiled by Martin Freeman and Eddie Piller just released today. The first volume was v good as is this

6 Likes

I wish you hadn’t said that :grinning:

You don’t really.

G

1 Like

Jeanne Michel Jarre | Oxygene [1976]

21 Likes

91GwxsxpgCL.SS500

On vinyl…

26 Likes

Beth Orton - “Kidsticks”

7 Likes

Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
On CD

21 Likes

Richard Thompson - Bloody Noses
Bandcamp Download.

Why? Because I’ve listened to RT since I was 17 and have seen him live more than a few times. It’s pouring here, so perfect weather to listen to him!
RT

8 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/NaZeBpTJd1RLrxBD7

Streaming.

Jackson Browne - “Standing In The Breach”

9 Likes

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou - Eternity And A Day - Film by Theo Anglelopoulos

Eleni Karaindrou (Piano), Sergiu Nastasa (Violin), Renato Ripo (Violoncello), Iraklis Vavatsikas (Accordion), La Camerata, Athens: Loukas Karytinos (Director), Vangelis Christopoulos (Oboe), Nikos Guinos (Clarinet), Spyros Kazianis (Bassoon), Vangelis Skouras (French Horn), Aris Dimitriiadis (Mandolin), Manthos Halkias (Clarinet), Kostas Siamidis (Lyra from Pontos), Kostas Sahinidis (Accordion), Katrin Zenz (Flute) and Fabrizio Bentivoglio (Voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this morning with Eleni’s ‘Eternity and a Day’ and the music is simply beautiful and soothing! Loving it…

2 Likes

I’m listening to this on your recommendation. Good innit? I had vaguely heard of her before, but this is the first time I’ve heard her music.

IMG_0832

Betty Davis - They Say I’m Different. Although I’ve had this CD for a few weeks, I’ve only played it on a really cheap all in one CD player whilst working. First play now on the Naim system and, good grief, what an awesome and funky album this is! It make me wonder what it sounds like on vinyl.

5 Likes