What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Another one from earlier: Lucius - WildeWoman. Some lovely harmonies on this.

2 Likes

8 Likes

I need to play this more

BDRMM - Bedroom (2020)

bedroom

Dreampop from a young Hull band. Imagine a one-night stand in a Porthcawl B&B between shoegaze and krautrock. This is their lovechild.

Naturally [1971]
One of my favourite JJ Cale albums helping me relax…

20 Likes

1 Like

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou - The Weeping Meadkow - Film By Theo Angelopoulos

Eleni Karaindrou (Piano), Maria Bildea (Harp), Renato Ripo (Violoncello), Konstantinos Raptis (Accordion), Sokratis Sinopoulos (Constantinoble Lyra), Vangelis Skouras (French Horn), Sergiu Nastasa (Violin), Angelos Repapi (Double-Bass), Hellenic Vocal Ensemble: Antonis Kontogeorgiou (Director) and La Camerata, Athens

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with Eleni and this talented orchestra and they are sounding sublime!

1 Like

Been getting into Son Little the last couple of days. Bought my first gig tickets for ages to go and see him in Brighton, Feb 2021. Hopefully COVID will be a gonna by then.

It’ll sort your bottom end out!

1 Like

Little girl was certainly one of the great pop singles of the 60s so I’m going to check out the album. Thanks @Gianluigi

1 Like

Okie [1974]
Another one from the man he’s starting to ease out that knotted tight spot…

15 Likes

North Mississippi Allstars - Up and Rolling

6 Likes

Haven’t listened to this in years

16 Likes

On Vinyl

6 Likes

Now playing…

Diane Birch - The Velveteen. Age

Diane Birch (Keyboards, Vocals), Quinn Luke (Vocals), Pier Pappalardo (Bass), Luke Riverside (Guitar) and Patrick Wood (Drums, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning Daine Birch and this album released in 2009. Wonderful vocals and a fine band makes for a very nice album!

4 Likes

On CD:

Why? Wanted some calming female vocals.

steve

13 Likes

On 1976 vinyl…

21 Likes

Just finished. Thanks @ClaudeP really enjoyed it, think I prefer the non string accompanied tracks.

@NigelB your suggestion of “The Girl in the Other Room” up next but will be tomorrow now.

15 Likes

Tangerine Dream | Phaedra [1974]
TD in their pomp much lauded by the late great John Peel who massively assisted their early exposure in the UK.

16 Likes