What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

On CD

Why? Saw it on the rack and thought “Why not?”

steve

19 Likes

Paul Weller - On Sunset

Not his best work although there are a few good tracks on it. Second listening and it’s growing on me.

5 Likes

Dan Penn. Living on mercy. If the rest of the album is half as good as this sample then we are in for a real treat.

3 Likes

Yusuf. Tea for the tillerman 2. This sample track is a lot better than I was expecting. Might hear a bit more before I hit the preorder button though.

13 Likes

10 Likes

Good luck Dave, and enjoy :+1:

4 Likes

Joe Cocker!, time for some early Joe and some excellent idiosyncratic interpretations.

16 Likes

16 Likes

5 Likes

Bryan Ferry - Live at the Royal Albert Hall 1974.

Relatively recent release, great album. I really liked Roxy Music and Ferry’s got such a good voice for so many of the ‘standards’ he covers, not just the contemporary stuff but so many of the older pieces. One of the great performers.

Must have been a great concert to see, the Royal Albert Hall is a great venue (even if the sound isn’t always that good). I miss working in London!

11 Likes

15 Likes

R.E.M. - Automatic For The People.

28 Likes

Starting my Thursday off with Songs For Drella Lou Reed/John Cale. Wonderful tribute to Any Warhol. :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Little Feat Feats Don’t Fail Me Now

20 Likes

Portrait In Jazz

Bill Evans, Bill Evans Trio.

This album is a gem, really.

19 Likes

Gillian Welch, The Harrow & the Harvest, CD rip

Prompted by a previous post… Three quid from ‘the river’. Rather good :slight_smile: Contemporary folk.

19 Likes

3 Likes

Dire Straits, Communique, CD rip

Had a listen to this on the rower this am so had to give it a ‘proper’ play on the big setup :slight_smile:

23 Likes

BB King Guess Who?

11 Likes