What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

11 Likes

Creedence Clearwater Revival Cosmo’s Factory

20 Likes

An Endless Journey - From Ambient To Trip Hop

2 Likes

My favourite track from my favourite JJ Cale album.

One of my biggest regrets in music is not getting to see him play live.

15 Likes

Forthcoming release from Kate Westbrook and hubby Mike, on CD:

2 Likes

Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan.

I keep hearing snatches of Bryan Ferry’s version of ‘Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright’, well I say hearing, more a background memory awakes and I ‘hear’ it. Thought I’d listen to the original and this album always staggers me, he was only 22 when he released this.

It’s easy to take Dylan’s genius for granted, especially for someone of my age who didn’t see his ‘rise’, he was just an old ‘hippy’ as far as I was concerned at 13 or so. But… what a catalogue of work, and what an album.

Mind you… I wouldn’t waste my money going to see him live again. Well, not until they invent a time machine.

18 Likes

What a great discovery- issued posthumously and produced by Curtis Mayfield following a drug induced MI @ 26 yrs of age.
This album wasn’t particularly successful on release but has become regarded as a classic from its era and instrumental in the development of hip hop music. Reissued on fancy red vinyl too…
What’s not to love

9 Likes

U2

The Joshua Tree

Edward

19 Likes

On CD. Just fancied it…

8 Likes

This is a rip from the blu-ray disk that came with one of the box sets. I listen to it a lot and over lockdown heard more as I’ve added a few things to the hi-if. I’m not normally given to hyperbole but last night at the beginning where Nick Mason is doing his thing I felt I could practically see the walls of the drum room( or more likely the reverb chamber) and then a giant wave came through one wall, washed across the soundstage and out through the other wall. And this was after adding a £150 Power Distribution Block.
Anyway, as I still Recover from that, I’m listening again to make sure of what I heard.

15 Likes

U2

The Unforgettable Fire (2009 Remaster)

Edward

16 Likes

Sly and the Family Stone - Stand

16 Likes

Mick Taylor. Self titled album from my favourite Bluesbreaker guitarist. May have been @johnt who first brought this to my attention. Good stuff.

6 Likes

Funkadelic - Maggot Brain

14 Likes

First listen. Thanks to the forum I found this guy. Superb

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

Curtis Mayfield - Curtis

19 Likes

Fantastic 1970s recording (Swedish radio) by the Westbrook group:

7 Likes

N.W.A - Straight Outta Compton

Just re-fettled the system and Mrs. G is at work, so time for some old style gangsta rap. Not my normal fare but this one is great. Nicely produced by Dre, and full of topical (1988) lyrics. Very explicit but appropriately so. I’m always surprised at how much I like this album.

4 Likes

Roxy Music - BBC Sessions

13 Likes

My God!!!