What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

The legacy edition or the 5 track ‘ordinary version’ ?

Thanks

Waiting for the Intervention Records sacd version to come through.

1 Like

Compilation CD of legendary Lebanese singer:

2 Likes

Have compiled a couple of Qobuz playlists for some of the music that was NOT written specifically for each of the two TV series of ‘The End of the F***ing World’. It excludes any Graham Coxon tracks as these are available as albums should you so wish. Some really great music on there. Even more enjoyable if you’ve seen the TV Series where it works very well, I think.

TEOTFW Series 1

TEOTFW Series 2

@sacdfan This maybe poking a wasps nest with a stick but can you still get the players ?

Sounds pretty good on standard CD so would hope you are in for a treat.

I have an Oppo udp-205. I believe that there are still a number of manufacturers producing players. It’s a great shame that the format never really took off.

CD

IMG_1907

Why? Bit of mellow required.

steve

18 Likes

21 Likes

Take your pick, although note that when originally released they used a tape from a machine which was running at the wrong speed, resulting in a pitch issue. This was corrected on later editions. I would try to get a Columbia version, rather than any one of the out of copyright ‘pirate’ versions.

Edit: if you buy the CD, I note that the Legacy version on Amazon is at a very good price. Try that one.

4 Likes

J J cale. Naturally. I needed a stress buster and @Steve_S suggested this. Perfect.

10 Likes

It’s one of the best sounding slabs of vinyl in my whole collection.
(Love the album cover as well).

1 Like

Listening to one of my all time favourites Ennio Morricone who sadly passed this week . I was fortunate to attend his concerts live on 3 occasions here in London including an incredible night at the Royal Albert Hall in 2009 . This track is Deborah’s theme from Once upon a time in America. Beautiful.

6 Likes

19 Likes

lucinda williams: west. one of her best.

4 Likes

La Düsseldorf’s difficult third album Individuellos. Not a patch on its predecessors, but it’s always great to hear Klaus Dinger thrashing away…

1 Like

Bob Dylan - World Gone Wrong.

Just a man and his guitar, and sometimes his harmonica, playing blues and country. A real back to basics joy of an album!

11 Likes

Some superb grooves on this new album on the Rune Grammofon label by Hedvig Mollestad - Ekhidna

“Ekhidna doesn’t need contextualization to be appreciated; between the jazzed up hard rock riffs, the dense psych/prog grooves and the fusion note and melodic choices, it’s hard to imagine a serious appreciator of music needing much more than a few seconds of the densest slices of these tracks to be sold”.

https://www.treblezine.com/hedvig-mollestad-ekhidna-review/

3 Likes

Dream Wife - So When You Gonna on Green and Yellow Vinyl

Rough trade album of the month, hmmm if you like The Joy Formidable it might be of interest

The Stones - Blue & Lonesome, always enjoy MJ’s harmonica work on this release.

22 Likes

Fantastic album, haven’t listened to it in ages. Will rectify that soon!
Did have Nevermind on the Planar 8 recently though.