What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Babe Ruth | First Base [1972]
I played this album a couple of months ago and fancied another listen, good rocking stuff. (Apologies for the quality of the artwork I’ll have to find a better image!)

5 Likes

3 Likes

My favourite bootleg @anon37685938 . Self portrait is the Dylan album I play the most. Apart from treasure trove of unreleased tracks the full IOW concert is a welcome addition. The Elvis/gypsy track especially poignant.

1 Like

Just released - a new album of cover versions by Gillian Welch & David Rawlings. Covers of 2 Bob Dylan songs, a John Prine song amongst others. V good

5 Likes

Another play of Distant Cousins album Here & Now

I remember when I bought my first cd player I treated myself to 2 discs. The self titled debut by Robbie Robertson and this one by Roger Waters. Those early cds were of dubious quality but the albums have stood the test of time.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Ghazal - The Rain

Kayhan Kalhor (Kamancheh), Shujaat Husain Khan (Sitar, Vocals) and Sandeep Das (Tabla).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Ghazal’s ‘The Rain’ which is just a brilliant album, love it!

5 Likes

Elvis Costello - Hetty O’Hara Confidential (new single via Tidal)

This is the Costello I love: wicked, caustic lyrics and a spiky delivery.

5 Likes

11 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Blue & Lonesome

21 Likes

Michael Chapman - Rainmaker

4 Likes

Now playing…

Zakir Hussain - Making Music

Zakir Hussain (Tabla, Percussion, Voice), Hariprasad Chaurasia (Flutes), John McLaughlin (Acoustic Guitar) and Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with ‘Making Music’ which is a fantastic title for this album and just love this quartet quartet! Album released 33 years ago and is simply beautiful…

7 Likes

Not listened to this for a while. Neil Cowley Trio “Displaced”. Enjoying on headphones with the crossfeed option on Roon. Great stuff!

Excellent covers album from John Martyn
The perfect soundtrack to a smoking and Whiskey drinking afternoon by yours truly

14 Likes

Van Morrison - Blowin’ Your Mind

11 Likes

Marillion

All One Tonight (Live at The Royal Albert Hall)

Edward

8 Likes

Amy Winehouse- Frank

I make no apology for posting this again (assuming I posted it before!). I preceded this with the deluxe version of Back to Black. Amy’s records work so well in this glorious summer weather, rather like a festival experience. I so, so wish I’d not been so snobby about not listening to ‘pop’ music and had actually listened to her music when she was alive. Such a loss.

17 Likes

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

16 Likes

Incredible String Band. Wee Tam and the Big Huge. I make no apology for playing this yet again. It’s my comfort blanket.

10 Likes

Yes - Yes

Back to the beginning

11 Likes