What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

The Delines - The Imperial. Mellow sounds and each song is a mini-story.

13 Likes

Thanks @igahman - I see some resellers have them, which is good news for us CD hounds. I’ve ordered a couple to get me going :grinning:

I’d have plumped for a box-set of all 4 but couldn’t find one.

1 Like

Lucy Ward - Single Flame on CD

My favourite English modern-folk singer/songwriter, who composes wonderful lyrics and has a voice which carries everything so well. The wonderful track Icarus is on this album - see YouTube link below.

This isn’t happy-clappy folk - this is pure quality IMV.

4 Likes

There’s actually 5 volumes. I had forgotten about the recent posthumous release. A box set of all 5 would have been nice. They are all worth getting. Volume 1 my favourite.

Thanks @igahman.

#1 coming my way shortly :grinning:

1 Like

Richard & Linda Thompson - Shoot Out The Lights
On Vinyl

13 Likes

On Vinyl:

10 Likes

Leon Russell - Life Journey

7 Likes

Steely Dan - The Royal Scam

Playing this masterpiece (my favourite SD album) because I was inspired by others who have been posting SD albums. I’m actually playing the rip from the Citizen Steely Dan box set because it’s the closest to the original vinyl mix. The remastered version of this album is a mess. Those responsible will be first up against the wall come the revolution!

19 Likes

Now playing…

Frazey Ford - U Kin B The Sun

Frazey Ford (Vocals, Grand Piano, Keyboards, Acoustic Guitar), Caroline Ballhorn (Vocals), Erik-Nielsen (Vocals), Darren Parris (Bass Guitar), Leon Power (Drums), Craig McCaul (Electric Guitar), John Raham (Keyboards), Phil Cook (Keyboards) and John Raham (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this sunny Monday morning with Frazey’s “U kin B the Sun” and she is sounding mighty sweet! This albums gets better with each spin…

5 Likes

Steady on @Clive that’s number 5 and I’m just lining up number 4. And don’t get me started on Camel. I jumped the gun with Moonmadness, couldn’t find debut so lining up Mirage. I’m not very organised :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Eric Burdon -‘Til Your River Runs Dry

4 Likes

Brilliant

13 Likes

Don’t worry about organisation. It’s all great music!

1 Like

The Cars (2016 Remaster)

13 Likes

UK second press vinyl from 1977.

6 Likes

Stellar track list from the Pointer Sisters - Steely Dan, Stephen Stills, Bruce’s unknown at the time Fire, Loggins & Missina, Bob Welch era Fleetwood Mac and Sly Stone all feature on this wonderful album.

11 Likes

Now playing…

Sara Jarosz - World On The Ground

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with this new release from Sarah, June 4, 2020, and she is sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

Camel - Coming Of Age
Live CD

6 Likes

After listening to Mr Weller’s excellent new record On Sunset I decide to revisit the equally good True Meanings (2018).
It doesn’t have the same sonic meanderings but there are some beautiful moments like the opening track The Soul Searchers which features string arrangements by the excellent Hannah Peel who also collaborates on On Sunset and guest vocals by Irish singer song writer Connor O’Brien.
If you haven’t heard this but enjoyed On Sunset then it’s worth a listen.

8 Likes