What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

91DBGhO5QiL.SS500

On vinyl…

8 Likes

Probably my least listened to Purple album

8 Likes

Camel. Mirage. Still not sure how I ignored this group in the 70s but thanks to Clive and others for bringing them to my attention. This is the second album I’ve heard and found it thoroughly enjoyable. Will linger with this and MM before moving on to SG. (Bonus live tracks also good)

12 Likes

Now Playing…

Marcin Wasilewski Trio w/Joe Lovano - Arctic Riff

Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double Bass), Michal Miskiewicz (Drums) and Joe Lovano (Tenor Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on towards the noon hour with the Marcin Wasilewski Trio’s new album released June 26th. This is the 2nd or 3rd time out for a spin and it is sounding sublime!

4 Likes

Produced by Trevor Pinnock himself and with a Philip Hobbs as sound engineer, this is a tremendous recording

6 Likes

Remastered CD

IMG_1909

Why? It’s 50% of an early birthday present to myself from the big river.

12 Likes

9 Likes

The Nat King Cole Story (disc1 of 2) [2013]
This one is happily washing over me from the CD layer, what a wonderful voice the man had.

11 Likes

13 Likes

Wendy Carlos - a legend.

5 Likes

The Black Ark Years - The Jamaican 7"s - Lee “Scratch” Perry.

Back home for a quick overnighter for an appointment early tomorrow, so giving the system a serious workout with this double CD set featuring the output from the Black Ark studio, between '74 and '78 from the unrivalled production genius who is Lee Perry.

I’ve been getting by with Tidal on my iPhone and a pair of IEMs for the last few weeks, so this is sounding mighty fine indeed … erm, LOUD.

Well, why not?

5 Likes

Had a great late night jazz listening session last night. Continuing this evening with this classic (on vinyl of course)

14 Likes

1 Like

Was listening to more Purple until the child asked for a bit of Dollyimage

11 Likes

Now playing…

Marcin Wasilewski Trio - Live

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Marcin’s Trio and they are sounding mighty fine!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Gary Moore - Power Of The Blues, this release has shockingly bad artwork which renders the album looking like a grey market issue, luckily the music is much better.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Eberhard Weber - Encore

Eberhard Weber (Electric Double Bass, Keyboards) and Ack van Rooyen (Flugelhorn).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this fine album from Eberhard and this duo is sounding fantastic! One sweet album…

6 Likes

What a fantastic evening album. On vinyl and my LP12- pure joy.

17 Likes