What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Elton John - Madman Across The Water.

15 Likes

Doves - Lost Souls (2000)

Doves_Lost_Souls

It’s good to be reminded how superb this band and album (in fact, all their albums) are.

13 Likes

The cover makes it look like you’ve got little people behind your TT. :grin:

5 Likes

Amy Winehouse Back In Black.

20 Likes

Yellow, Touch, cd rip

tbh not played very often in our house… over shadowed by the excellent Flag.

7 Likes

Put on to this guy by @AndyP, great guitarist , here on acoustic for a change

2 Likes

I bought this one on Bandcamp a few weeks ago at an introductory offer now at full price but a lovely album.

4 Likes

He has certainly been prolific.

1 Like

Three CDs’ worth of my favourite period (‘73-74) of the Dead. See you in about three and a half hours’ time…

8 Likes

7 Likes

The Ahmad Jamal Trio - The Awakening - 1997 Impulse / France CD / IMP 12262

3 Likes

Sopwith Camel. Miraculous hump returns from the moon. Recommended by many on the forum. Just had to buy this originally released in 1973. Red vinyl, gatefold sleeve, printed lyrics and good sq. Reminds me a bit of Spirit or even Audience with gentler vocals but difficult to categorise. Progressive pop?

4 Likes

Ahmad Jamal - Crystal - 1987 Atlantic / US CD / 81793 2

2 Likes

I didn’t know that album existed. Thank you crispyduck!

Beethoven, Piano Concertos 3 and 4. Maria Joao Pires, piano - Swedish Radio Orchestra, Daniel Harding. Onyx CD.

Pires’ interpretation of the 3rd grows on me, I seem to discover new vibes each time I listen to it. Plus the Onyx SQ is beyond reproach. That CD is a gem in my collection.

Claude

2 Likes

Robbie Robertson

19 Likes

It’s only just been released. I listened as a hi-res stream from Qobuz and it just sounds amazing - the hour flew by!

Herbie Hancock - Sunlight - 2014 Sony / Japan CD / SICP 3995

Bringing back memories of my very first 12 inch single - Herbie’s I Thought It Was You

7 Likes

Levon Helm - American Son

5 Likes

A few of

Doctor John and Paul Weĺler’s cover of Walk on Gilded Splinters.

11 Likes