What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Gene Parsons - The Kindling Collection

5 Likes

And a new Doves album on the way in September too - “The Universal Want”, their first in 11 years.

Peter

2 Likes

Bob Dylan & The Band - Before The Flood

11 Likes

Black Country Communion. 2010. CD. Bonamassa, Glenn Hughes, Bonham, and Sherinian.
A bluesy melting pot of Purple, Zep, Free, etc.

7 Likes

Last night’s listening

Massive Attack - Eutopia- YouTube Airplayed to ND555
Massive attack - Mezzanine - Qobuz 16/44
Another watch of Massive Attack’s new work, powerful challenging music underpinning speeches on the state of the world, followed by the mighty Mezzanine, great music.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Joshua Redman Quartet — RoundAgain

Joshua Redman (saxophone), Brad Mehldau (piano), Christian McBride (bass), and Brian Blade (drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Tuesday morning with this newly released album, July 9th, and the the quartet is sounding sublime on the opening track ‘Undertow!’ …looking forward to the rest of the album.

7 Likes

Zero 7 | The Garden | 2006
Its been a good day here and this is a nice one to kick off the afternoon.

6 Likes

Dave Davies - Hidden Treasures

4 Likes

Vinyl half-speed master reissue. My favourite PG album, sounding very good.

25 Likes

This was recently recommended to me and what a good recommendation it was. Listening to it on vinyl

12 Likes

My favourite too. I bought the vinyl at London Bridge WH Smith’s in the days when even the smallest shop had a rack of vinyl.

3 Likes

Larry Carlton

4 Likes

Beth Hart | My California | 2010
More fine music from Beth, she has a voice that does it to me every time.

8 Likes

Gil. Brian. Some of the best music of the 1970s.

5 Likes

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - Soul of a Woman.

8 Likes

Mahavishnu Orchestra - Between Nothingness and Eternity - WAV CD rip
Morning listen, glorious live concert. Fantastic jazz fusion music, played by a band of master musicians who were red hot. The dodgy sound quality of the recording can’t hide the incredible interplay and the unbelievable techniques.

11 Likes

Oneohtrix Point Fever - R Plus Seven - Qobuz 16/44
Experimental challenging music. I find it both atmospheric and funky, will need a couple more listens to either get it or decide it’s not for me.

1 Like

Continue with Larry Carlton - Fingerprints

5 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire - Faces - 2012 Sony / Japan Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / SICP 20361 2

11 Likes

Have you heard the Lost Trident Sessions? That includes the studio versions of the songs which were actually released in this live cut. It is a brilliant album, up there with Birds of Fire and not far behind The Inner Mounting Flame IMHO.

1 Like