What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (Car) - 2020 press half speed remaster
Fantastic proggy songs by Gabriel, sung with charisma and style. Great SQ from this half speed reissue.

20 Likes

Yes, it’s great stuff, I think I picked it up after you played it a while ago. I owe you one.

Annie Lennox | Bare | 2003
Annie laying herself bare, just as it says on the tin. Some very fine vocals and lyrics going on in this album.

10 Likes

The Pogues - The Best of the Pogues

That voice!!!

8 Likes

The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra

Music Of Game Of Thrones

Edward

1 Like

Ry Cooder. The prodigal son. Such a prolific artist and one that I have always admired and respected whether solo or his wonderful collaborations. This is a fairly recent album that I missed so thanks to @AlanP for highlighting it. This is the second time I’ve listened to it and I think it’s one of his best. Another one for the to buy list.

15 Likes

Always enjoy listening to a bit of The Specials. Listening on a CD rip to the Core

11 Likes

3 Likes

Eponymous Nouvelle Vague CD.

Mostly acoustic lounge covers of slowed down post punk/ new wave hits such as, Love Will Tear Us Apart, Guns of Brixton, A Forest, Teenage Kicks

Makes this fiftysomething feel hip :-))))

2 Likes

3 Likes

Bit late picking this up. Then I read:-

“Was it possible that one person could write songs for Gene Pitney and Johnny Paycheck, release charting singles as a solo artist, produce Irma Thomas and Duane Allman (on the same record), ditch their solo career for a new alter ego (and sell 500,000 copies), manage Dr. Dre and eventually get sampled by Kid Rock? The answer is Swamp Dogg”

After that I just had to check this guy out.

Plus big whoop of joy when Bandcamp download bingo came up with a Hi Res.

Wonderful album.

8 Likes

@Eoink is that a new half speed remaster, or is it the one from 2015?

You’re not the only one who missed it. Added to my list too. Thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

If you have ever wanted the VU to play in your front room get this! Fabulous recording and so fresh that for me it makes it a slightly disconcerting listen! Highly recommended. CD rip to Core.

10 Likes

Secondhand vinyl:

7 Likes

I almost forgot the beauty of this one …

20 Likes

Peter Gabriel - Passion

14 Likes

Leftfield - Leftism

6 Likes

Meredith Brooks - Deconstruction

2 Likes