What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

The are a couple of very good harmonica players out there, this is one of my favourites …

2 Likes

The Three Tenors

Carreras Domingo Pavarotti in Concert

Absolute classic.

Edward

7 Likes

2 Likes

And another one …

3 Likes

6 Likes

Island Records 1975 Paul Samwell-Smith producing.

The brilliant ‘Say It Ain’t So’ by Murray Head

11 Likes

6 Likes

Judging by those covers, I do detect a theme you’ve going tonight Tony. :rofl:

1 Like

OK Tony that’s it - Beachwood Sparks’ Brent Rademaker as the main man and Miranda Lee Richards on backing vocals, plus past albums featuring Neal Casal - the 4 album package deal on Bandcamp is an essential buy.

1 Like

All available on Tidal, Andy. I heard Once We Were Tree a long time ago. Thanks for digging those out. Will line them up for a proper listen later. Cheers.

1 Like

Looks like The Tyde is also worth checking out as a related band.

1 Like

Meddle …Pink Floyd. …the advert for the album and my gig ticket from 1971. A glorious album.

15 Likes

Sorry Neil, confusing message, it’s the recent pressing of the 2015 remaster.
Checking discogs I think the 2015 release was a double 45rpm, this is a single 33, but the same Metropolis/Alchemy remaster.

I’l be on it like white on rice, as they say.

I wasn’t keen on him until a friend dragged me kicking and screaming to see him at the SECC in Glasgow. No surprise, it was one of the best concerts I’ve ever seen. The highlight was when all the musicians, including Youssou N’Dour, lined up at the front of the stage, clenched fists raised, for Biko. Everyone in the sellout crowd joined in. A very powerful and moving gesture it was too.

Good call, Andy. A big favourite at Bhoyo Towers.

1 Like

2 Likes

At £300+ on Amazon, and well over £100 on Discogs for s/h, I don’t think I’ll be taking up your recommendation!

Amazon is fast becoming a joke the cost of CDs has become unjustified. Try EBay they seem a little more reasonable.