What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

£320 on eBay! Even a poster goes for £15-£20. Price of a lot of ‘cult’ stuff is becoming a real joke. A lot of the fringe prog rock stuff is creeping in to the same over blown, over priced category.

I blame all the affluent, middle class Naim owning silver surfers who enjoy skiing (Spending Kids Inheritance). :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh my! I just checked and I bought it on the river for £29.99 In 2015. Lucky me I guess, I had no idea it had appreciated so much.

1 Like

I don’t believe it has, it’s just opportunism and gouging.

Unlike many, it’s not the sellers I have an issue with, rather those with too much money to burn! There again, I suppose many would simply argue this is a classic illustration of the market economy at work - capitalism in action, so to speak! I refuse to play when it reaches these levels of silliness.

2012 CD from the late Michel’s brother.

1 Like

Faces - A Nod Is As Good As A Wink …, because I fancied hearing “Stay With Me” and “Debris”.

20 Likes

Tomita - Snowflakes Are Dancing

11 Likes

Great-sounding ECM CD. I think it’s my favourite Jarrett album:

10 Likes

Blame it on my youth from this album is one of my favourite Jarrett moments

3 Likes

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - One Hot Minute, this album sounds ok, much better than those that followed with the horrific mastering that marred their later releases.

7 Likes

Up there with Murray Head’s Say It So Joe and Thunderclap Newman’s Something in the Air is Brian Protheroe’s Pinball - sublime song and not a bad album.

6 Likes

Al Jarreau - Look to the Rainbow

Featuring his fantastic vocal version of ‘Take Five’.

8 Likes

Bowie - Welcome to the Blackout.

Listening to a CD Rip via Roon. Is it better than Stage? I don’t know/can’t decide but it’s a good collection of songs and well performed.

I regret not going to see Bowie when I had the chance (Serious Moonlight tour); in those days a trip to London from Bath was a serious undertaking and frankly put me off the gig.

10 Likes

Coldplay - Parachutes

12 Likes

The Bluetones - After Hours, great single, been a while since I partook in such shenanigins :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Eric Clapton - Pilgrim, on sacd, this album definitely benefits from Mr Hoffman’s mastering, one or two lengthier tracks too.

7 Likes

Your recent recommendations look like a lot like my record collection!

1 Like

I agree. That is one outstanding performance. And I don’t think he squeaks even once.

1 Like

Antonio Forcione - Tears of Joy - 2005 naim / UK CD / naimcd087

aforcionetearsofjoy

12 Likes

Nina Simone - See-line Woman

I had to play this to hear her version of Feeling Good after hearing it discussed this morning on Radio 4’s new Soul Music series.

Then there’s Black Is The Colour too. Beautiful.

16 Likes