What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Miles Davis - Live Around The World

@JohnF I will second that, it’s Human Nature.

17 Likes

12 Likes

A classic case of irony! The two albums you mentioned are rare because there are so few copies in existence, because they performed so poorly sales wise they weren’t re-released on CD in any significant numbers. I used to have both on vinyl, but moved them on years ago as I never played them. Although a bit of a ‘completist’, I will not be rushing out to repurchase.

for me their last great album - there we on a roll from Selling England to Duke - must be my age!!

For me I like everything up to and including Wind and Wuthering. With …and then there were three, was the start of their decline, but that doesn’t mean they were rubbish. Just different. But Duke has hidden depths which I think are too easily dismissed.

2 Likes

Great live album from the legendary Brazilian composer and his orchestra.

Azymuth - Light As A Feather - 2012 Far Out / UK CD / FARO170CD

Well known for the track Jazz Carnival, this has additional sonic goodness to offer.

3 Likes

Vanessa Carlton

Be Not Nobody

Listening to Vanessa after my nephew posted his latest video doing a cover of “A Thousand Miles”

Vanessa Carlton

A Thousand Miles

Mark Mooney

A Thousand Miles

Edward

5 Likes

David Sanborn - Time Again - 2016 Verve / Japan SHM CD / UCCU 5834

Alto Saxophone - David Sanborn
Bass - Christian McBride
Drums - Steve Gadd
Guitar - Russell Malone
Keyboards - Ricky Peterson
Percussion - Don Alias
Vibraphone - Mike Mainieri

5 Likes

Another jazz CD that’s been sitting in a pile for the past five or six years, unlisted to. It’s actually pretty good - sax player Bannister is joined by Sen Rochford and Zoe Rahman on this date.

1 Like

John Martyn - One World

On vinyl. Agreed, I post it a lot. But the forum is about nothing if it not about pleasure, right?!

Sounding the doggies.

12 Likes

I love that Album , it reminds me of summer in Sydney 1996 . Happy days :+1:.

1 Like

Lana del Rey - Norman F**king Rockwell .
Well I was listening to Miles Davis like everyone else this morning but somehow moved to Lana Del Rey … I think this is her best album, very cool .

14 Likes

Thanks for this . Listening now it’s excellent.

1 Like

I’m not sure about re-released on CD but I have both of the original issues of the CD’s and I quite like them especially First Light and the juanty track Don’t Let A Thief Steal Into Your Heart

3 Likes

Deep Purple ln Rock. After the unashamed enthusiasm of @SteveC I had to play this.

16 Likes

Opps! Posted the wrong video.

Video above is Mark doing a cover of John Mayer - Waitin’ On The Day.

Mark Mooney

A Thousand Miles

Edward

Deep Purple

Purpendicular

All the post above have put me in the mood for some classic Purple.

Edward

6 Likes

Another CD from the pile of discs that’s been looking at me for years, making me feel guilty for never having played them. It’s absolutely terrific Dutch jazz from 2014. Solex is not a band, but the project of Amsterdam-based record-shop owner and songwriter Elisabeth Esselink and various collaborators. I must investigate her music further.