What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

@Pete.T - you should also try his most acclaimed album, “What Colour Is Love?”.

1 Like

This:

Huge fun, never really got into it in its time but my nephew is a bit of a whizz at creating this sort of stuff, and what he’s passed on to me sounds absolutely brilliant on my stereo. So does this cd.

I noticed a post on local social media last week - free to good home, trance cd collection - so out of curiosity offered to take them off her hands and then ripped & loaded them onto the nas. The music is huge fun, energetic and has a presence that makes it physical. Lovin’ it.

1 Like

Deep Purple. Burn. Following on from In rock.

10 Likes

7 Likes

Tracy Chapman
CD Rip

25 Likes

Green Onions - Booker T & The M.G.s

16 Likes

New Who old Who

21 Likes

Steely Dan - Citizen 1972-1980, Disc 1

14 Likes

Chemical brothers, we are the light. Funny how I think of this as “new” music, shows how old I am. I love seeing this and similar bands like orbital, underworld etc live, they know how to get the crowd going and always puts a smile on my face with good memories when playing this stuff.

7 Likes

Adam and the Ants - Peel Sessions.

This takes me back. He really was (is) a talented artist. Some of the early stuff was very good and at 14 or 15 really ‘blew my mind’ (man) when I seen live, so good I missed the train home and had to hitch from Bristol.

Saw him in December 2018. He didn’t move as well but put on a great show (at the Roundhouse). Don’t think I’ve seen so many middle-aged Prince Charmings in one place before- or likely to again unless I go to another of his shows!

9 Likes

New Riders of The Purple Sage

7 Likes

Holds up well, sounding fresh and still ‘modern’.

G

14 Likes

Milky Globe. magic Waves.
Compilation of Lo records recordings from 2007.

Ace - Five-A-Side

8 Likes

Chris Isaak - Heart Shaped World

7 Likes

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Skynyrd’s First: The Complete Muscle Shoals Album

10 Likes

Sir Simon Rattle & the Berliner Philharmoniker - Beethoven Symphonies - Qobuz hires

Brilliant, and so good that they play as a whole.

Phil

10 Likes

Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring . Hi Res from Qobuz .

16 Likes

Yeah Baby

13 Likes

I’m with you up to W&W. For a couple of decades I boycotted ‘and then there were three’ out of principle but then, a few years back I actually gave it a try and found I really like it! Yes it’s a bit poppy but all the tunes are really catchy and I often find myself singing along to them - in the privacy of the car that is :wink:

1 Like