What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

9 Likes

The new Lianne La Havas

4 Likes

Starting the day with Coltrane.

15 Likes

It’s a great album Tony but I don’t get the significance of November 13th :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Such a classic album every track is brilliant. One of my favourites.

2 Likes

What Andy said

1 Like

Steely Dan. Katie lied. I’ve heard this once before but now it’s part of my chronological journey through the Dan albums. This is number 4. Enjoying the music, wish they were longer though.

20 Likes

One of the great guitarists. Mates with folk days Bowie. Mick Ronson played on Fully Qualified Survivor and appears here on one track along with Andy Latimer from Camel.

Enjoying something of a resurgence through the patronage of Thurston Moore and Steve Gunn.

There is a wealth of quality material in Chapman’s back catalogue. This from 1977 and appropriate for the time of day.

6 Likes

Daughter of two great musicians, the conductor Claudio Abbado and the violinist Viktoria Mullova.

That’s really interesting - thanks. Will listen to some of her other work

1 Like

This mornings listening

Atb
Kk

8 Likes

AC/DC

Back In Black - 24/96

Had a look at the new releases on Qobuz and had to start with the 24/96 releases of this classic album, three tracks in and sound quality is very good indeed.

Edward

21 Likes

The other songwriter in Stealers Wheel, Joe sadly left the music industry and became a publisher, shame he wrote some nice songs.

10 Likes

Steely Dan - Katy Lied - 2012 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY 25038

16 Likes

I heard a track from this album on Radio Paradise; this on a whim I sought it out. The sound is quite ‘tinny’, perhaps it’s the Portuguese way, but it’s a charming album of twin guitars.
(I’ve seen Paredes spelt with both an ‘e’ and an ‘a’: which one is correct?).

I’ve already listened as well - sounds fab

Funky sounds from sunny Miami on the Edinburgh-based thens Of The North records.

1 Like

She’s bloody superb. New album.

Lianne La Havas

4 Likes

@TheKevster
Just finished listening to this album - it is just great, it has just started it’s second run !!!
Never really heard of him before - now ordering a few more !
Thanks so much

1 Like

Airbag, Greatest Show on Earth, CD rip

Office PC coming out of the crappy PC speakers.

tbh I put this on as a stop gap whilst browsing for something else but, tbh, it’s so damn good I’m listening to the whole shebang :slight_smile:

4 Likes