What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

On Vinyl

13 Likes

More boxed Bowie on vinyl, this time from Who Can I Be Now?

16 Likes

CD - Universal Music France 2000 : )

Stéphane Grappelli - violin
Oscar Peterson - piano
Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen - double bass
Kenny Clarke - drums

Recorded in Paris on 22nd and 23rd February 1973

<>

Splendid heart warming music on a wet dreary Sunday afternoon!
Grappelli is my artist of birthday regard today, he was involved in so many excellent collaborations it’s difficult to choose an album to play but here he is in fine form with good company. I’m looking forward to hearing more of his violin when my Django Reinhardt 2CD set arrives here tomorrow : )

Stephane Grappelli was born on this day in 1908

Stéphane Grappelli 1908-1997

12 Likes

Now playing…

Donald Fagen - Sunken Condos

Streaming on TIDAL… taking Donald out for a Sunday morning spin and he sounding mighty fine!

15 Likes

Heroes [1977]
Another album from his Berlin Trilogy and what a fine one it was too.

19 Likes

Forsaking my usual Japanese vinyl copy of this for the edition that came out in A New Career In A New Town.

18 Likes

Ok, I might as well jump on the bandwagon… :grin:

18 Likes

Now playing…

Fink - Hard Believer

Streaming on NAS… continuing on this morning with this double CD set of Fink’s Hard Believer, it has not been out for a spin recently and it is sounding mighty fine!

8 Likes

14 Likes

Luckily our neighbours are on holiday!

17 Likes

Wishbone Ash - 1970 debut album…

9 Likes

Gretchen Peters - The Secret Of Life

1 Like

As I’m working my way through the four Bowie boxes, playing the first album from each, it is with some trepidation that I approach Loving The Alien. Let’s Dance, the Dame’s most commercially successful album is far better than the records which followed it, but nowhere near as good as his 1970s work (and I include Pin Ups in that). The 1980s production has dated badly, and many of the songs – “Modern Love”, the title track, are just naff – but TBF “China Girl” and “Cat People” are both minor classics.

What makes Let’s Dance so hard to listen to now is hindsight, the knowledge that it was a foreshadowing of more than a decade of artistic bankruptcy. Of all the '60s/70s artists who fell from grace in the 1980s, Bowie fell furthest.

15 Likes

This is a great album, yes, posted before…but i keep playing it. Sung from the heart.

4 Likes

Continuing with LZ IV

19 Likes

An unknown artist to me but this is seriously good.

1 Like

1972 - double vinyl…

11 Likes

6 Likes

Now playing…

Jack DeJohnnette & Bill Frisell - The elephant sleeps but still remembers

Jack DeJohnnette (drums, piano) and Bill Frisell (guitar, banjo).

Streaming on NAS… World class and drummer and guitarist get together and cut an album, maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but works for me, love them both and one sweet album!

5 Likes

12 Likes