What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

In my top Five albums of all time! Surprised how few people have heard it.

2 Likes

That he did, it is a shame. Thankfully he bounced back in the 90s and his early 2000s work was a lot better than he got credit for. He certainly finished on a high.

1 Like

Terrific album indeed and a great line up of musicians. Unfortunately, Down The Road wasn’t as good.

1 Like

12 Likes

Sonny Clark - Sonny Clark Trio

Very nice piano jazz album. First listen thanks to a Tidal suggestion.

4 Likes

1973 / Derek & The Dominos - Live

14 Likes

Just listening to the new one mic recording from Soundliason, enjoyable…

1 Like

Just seen this released in MQA96

4 Likes

The Singles album by Future Islands gets a lot of attention in this household. A big favourite of my wife’s and for me.

7 Likes

Coleman Hawkins - jazz

3 Likes

TD2-300x300

On 45rpm vinyl… :notes: :+1:

14 Likes

LP - On-U Sound 2019 : )

First play of this and enjoying it to the full :smiley:

I do like a bit of dub, especially when it’s not overdone and the SQ is on the mark.

Released last month in December, but this is looking and sounding like my album of the year :+1:

8 Likes

Leslie Stevens - Sinner. A fine country-rock / folk release from late 2019, produced by Jonathan Wilson.

2 Likes

Something soothing for Sunday evening

The Essential Alison Krauss.

10 Likes

Another release from late 2019. Jonah Tolchin - Fires For The Cold. A lovely folk / Americana album with some interesting guests - Jackson Browne, Rickie Lee Jones, Sara Watkins and veteran session man, Fred Tackett.

3 Likes

…just finishing

Jakob Bro - Balladeering

Jakob Bro (guitar), Bill Frisell (guitar), Lee Konitz (alto saxophone), Ben Street (bass) and Paul Motian (drums).

Streamed on NAS… a fantastic quintet which was the first album I heard from Jakob and fell in love with his music. Some fantastic guitar work with Jakob and Bill playing together and they continue to appear together on ‘Time’ and ‘December Song.’ Paul Motian was scheduled to be on all three albums but passed away shortly before ‘Time’ was to be recorded. A wonderful trilogy and all three are worth the time to give a listen.

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek - Madar

Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Anouar Brahem (Oud) and Ustad Shaukat Hussain (Tabla).

Streaming on NAS… moving into this early afternoon with Jan, Anouar and Ustad and they are sounding sublime! This is one sweet album…

5 Likes

@apye stunning as is Gentleman take

AIison Moyet - Other (2017). I remember her from way back, but never really listened to her. This is her latest album which I find quite good, it just clicked for me.

11 Likes

81OpiR8-sbL.SS500

On original vinyl… :notes: :+1:

22 Likes

Been getting my weird on with Captain Beefheart today, but now it’s time to mellow things down…

Norah Jones - Feels Like Home

…aand relax.

22 Likes