What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I agree but it would be nice to see a complete box set including both albums plus Pieces. Nevertheless this is a stunning debut album with a lineup of incredible musicians.

1 Like

By the way Tony have you heard Crosby’s If I could only remember my name. Silly question of course you have.

2 Likes

<>

:balloon: :balloon: Happy Birthday Lucinda Williams! :balloon: :birthday:

67 years young Today! :smiley:

15 Likes

This box set has been in the pipeline for sometime but heavens knows when or if it will ever see the daylight:

2 Likes

7 Likes

I had a thing for Gloria back in the day. She had a lovely peachy bottom. Lovely curves.

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Greatest Hits.

12 Likes

Brilliant album, I love all his recordings

1 Like

Now playing…

Lucinda Williams - West

Streaming on NAS… continuing on with Lucinda after seeing the mention above from @Debs about Lucinda turning 67 years young! Love her music and she does it all, singer, songwriter and musician! Keep on pumping out the music Lucinda… West is one sweet album…

13 Likes

Having seen a number of Bowie albums being listened, thought I should too.
So a 1980 Irish pressing with Black RCA labels

24 Likes

Wes Montgomery - Goin’ Out Of My Head

7 Likes

Now playing…

Vijay Iyer and Wadada Leo Smith - a cosmic rhythm with each stroke

Vijay Iyer (Piano, Fender Rhodes, Electronics) and Wadada Leo Smith (Trumpet).

Streaming on NAS… continuing on into the late afternoon hour with Vijay & Wadada and they are sounding sublime. The compositions were put together by Vijay Iyer and Wadada Leo Smith and the music was premiered at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art in March 2016 in the context of a major exhibition dedicated to Nasreen Mohamedi’s art and writings. The “suite for Nasreen” is framed on the album by Iyer’s composition “Passage” and Smith’s concluding piece “Marian Anderson”. Might not be everyones cup of tea but I thoroughly enjoy the album.

2 Likes

Summer holidays over, grandma delivering our last 2 grandkids to their rightful cares :rofl:.
House to myself, always loved this album Neil Young and Crazy Horse Zuma especially loud.

15 Likes

Eels Shootenanny

10 Likes

The lyrics to Living Years still make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

5 Likes

A little white disco, Elton John The Complete Thom Bell Sessions.

He’s been out here playing gigs everywhere, he played a show at Bathurst a town hit by drought and fires.

8 Likes

A great pop album, Jellyfish Bellybutton

8 Likes

@seakayaker you obviously have a considerable collection of albums featuring Bill Frisell.

I saw Bill last August at the Village Vanguard with Thomas Morgan (b), Rudy Royston (d) and special guest Greg Tardy (ts, cl). The musical style was post-bop/avant-garde, which I enjoy very much.

I’d really like to hear more of Bill playing post-bop and avant-garde. Are you able to identify and recommend any albums in this style from his very extensive catalogue of work? Thanks for any advice you can offer.

2 Likes

During workout

12 Likes

A nice breakfast treat

2 Likes