What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

David Bowie - Young Americans (2016 Remaster)
Cd from the Who Can I Be Now? [1974-1976] box set

11 Likes

On CD. Because nobody needs a reason or an excuse to listen to the mighty Goldfrapp!!!

9 Likes

John Lee Hooker - Travelin’
From the 16 album An Easy Introduction To The Blues

6 Likes

Not played for a while,sounding great,will have to play this a lot more.

3 Likes

Nordic Lounge Weekend

Your guide to contemporary Stockholm. That’s what it says on the CD cover.

Oxfam find.

Antonio Forcione - Live!

A wonderful album - I can listen to this endlessly.

13 Likes

Check out all his other stuff. I don’t think he has made a bad album. I’ve seen him a number of times in small venues - Edinburgh and Brighton area. Great performer and works with up and coming artists who are always up to his level.

14 Likes

Beth Hart - War In My Mind

Now for a more demanding listen - but so rewarding nonetheless.

9 Likes

Jeff Beck - You Had It Coming

Not an album I play often, but I’d been playing Johnny Winters and fancied listening to another of the great guitar players. Whenever I play this I wonder why I don’t play it more.

6 Likes

Yes indeed, I have almost all his albums and his ‘Meet Me In London’ album with Sabina Scuibba is stunning. It saw him live at one of the old Heathrow HiFi shows when he was with the Naim label.

Great artist.

1 Like

The Cate Brothers

3 Likes

Liz green - Haul Away

Fine album from 2014.

10 Likes

Cara Dillon - Wanderer

Now for something gentler to soothe the mind.

Loverly!

10 Likes

Whitey Johnson - More Days Like this
One of my favourites discovered during lockdown. Read the Whole Story to the album here https://whiteyjohnsonmusic.com/ scroll down to read the story.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Sorry for delay lemans3. Been at work all morning. The Helps were a London based early 70s rock band lauded by Deke Leonard sometime member of Welsh rockers Man. Their music was heavily influenced by west coast American rock of the day, but with a distictly English twist. A genious by the name of Malcolm Morley was their principal songwriter. Reaffirmation is a two CD set of material from their first four studio albums and is still available from that South American river site. Hope this helps (no pun).

2 Likes

This is rather uplifting…
Cheers John.

1 Like

The wife’s out so time to turn the volume up

Nazareth - The Very Best Of

Excellent compilation from Dunfermline’s finest, with the rasping vocals of Dan Mcafferty and the superb guitar from Manny Charlton there is only one Nazareth

5 Likes