What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Roberta Flack - First Take

flack

One of my favourite debut albums - glorious, expressive singing.

9 Likes

Vinyl. Settling down with a Malibu & Grapefruit (yep, I love Malibu and grapefruit juice :sunglasses:) to listenin to this triple LP, acquired earlier this week in the HMV sale.

16 Likes

Heads up chaps,

Tonight, Beeb 4, double header with Toots and the Maytals.

23.00- 24.00 - Got Soul - documentary with performances, interviews with contemporaries etc.

00.00 - 01.00 - Toots and the boys from West Holts Stage, Glastonbury, 2010.

A must watch / record.

Before that, on Beeb 2 at 22.00, Later, where Jools Holland chats with Planty

3 Likes

New release today. Awesome

11 Likes

5 Likes

No Quarter | 1994
Page and Plant going off piste in North Africa with some of their old LZ stuff.

18 Likes

Alice Coltrane - Journey in Satchidananda

That’s a challenge to spell!

9 Likes

Maurice Ravel, Daphnis et Chloé. Orchestre de la Suisse romande, Ernest Ansermet. LP reissue.

It’s a wash out here in Montreal and I need to wander - this fits the bill perfectly. First class performance and great SQ. How were they managing to get more dynamics with their 1953 analog recordings than on today’s recordings?

Ravel Daphnis et Chloé Ansermet Fr

Claude

4 Likes

Still trying to find a vinyl copy that’s not over priced

3 Likes

From the peak of his most prolific period - 3 albums released in the same year.

5 Likes

Sonny Rollins tone is so beautifully raspy on this. The barebones trio sounds raw and emotive and I know it’s been said before but it’s hard to believe this was recorded in 1957, it sounds so alive.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Justin Adams & Juldeh Camera - Soul Science

Justin Adams (Banjo, Electric 6-String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Lute, Vocals), Juldeh Camara (Fiddle, One-String Fiddle, Percussion, Vocals) and Salah Dawson Miller (Percussion).

Streaming on NAS(44.1/16)… taking Justing and Juldeh out for spin, and it has been awhile, about a year, since I have given this album play. Opening track is sounding mighty fine!

3 Likes

Waxahatchee - “Saint Cloud”. I listened to this new purchase earlier and very fine it is too. Indie- folk / Americana in style. I think it might have been posted on this forum by Redkev, so thanks to Redkev and others who have posted it.

8 Likes

Massive fan of Eddie Harris.

My favorite is EH in the UK which has a quite unbelievable cast of musicians:-
Zoot Money, Stevie Winwood, Tony Kaye, Jeff Beck, Neil Hubbard, Albert Lee, Chris Squire, Boz Burrell, Rick Grech, Ian Paice, Alan White. Plus Eddie on stunning form.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s some serious line up!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye

Because I’d listened to Felt Mountain earlier.

Surely it’s about time they release something else… Or are they done?

11 Likes

Mark Lanegan Band - Somebody’s Knocking. Some electronic influences here, coupled with Mark’s trademark gravelly vocals.

2 Likes

Keef Hartley Band. Half breed.

8 Likes

I bloody hope not!

2 Likes

Calexico: The Black Light. love this album

7 Likes