What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

1 Like

On CD. It’s a grower…

4 Likes

American Music Club - Everclear (7.99 from Tower Records Glasgow in 1991)

Who? Possibly the best band you’ve never heard. They released nine albums between 1986 and 2008. This is generally considered to be their best.

Fronted by erratic genius Mark Eitzel, who wrote often-hilarious, always-literate booze-soaked tales of beautiful (and ugly) losers, the majestic San Franciso group were adored by critics and a small, rabid fan base, but remain almost unknown by yer actual punters.

This is great American songwriting, with an undercurrent of affection for British guttersnipes.

Please give it a try.

8 Likes

I saw Mark in London around the time of his first solo Songs of Love must have been early 90s. Support band was the Cranberries. Brilliant shown.

1 Like

Still miss the days of Tower records, not the cheapest but great selection, caught AMC at King Tuts and a couple of Mark Eitzel’s solo gigs, Nice and Sleazy I think, great gigs.

1 Like

Cheers Igahman, I was being humourous, that said it’s been pretty much a waste of diesel, insurance, licensing etc
I’m contracted to a School run though, if it wasn’t for that I wouldnt have any business. No complaints though, still theres people much worse off, even lost their lives, I’ve got my health and more time to listen to music.
Have to stay positive
20201201_181123
:heart::heart::heart:

:+1:

9 Likes

Now playing…

Paul Giger - Giger: Schasttenwelt

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this bright and sunny Tuesday morning with Paul Giger and his solo album with the Violin. An album recorded at the “Propstei St Gerold in the Austrian Alps” and it is sounding sublime!

1 Like

Greetings @Graeme
If you love Third World their recent More Work To Be Done is worth a listen albeit sadly without Bunny Ruggs who passed away

4 Likes

Cheers @Dreadatthecontrols, I’ll look for it tomorrow.

1 Like

Always enjoy listening to this bluesy number (vinyl)

8 Likes

Can’t remember who originally recommended this, a great album…so good I bought all of his back catalogue off bandcamp (10 releases for less than £50!)

4 Likes

Perhaps not as good as Addis & 96 Degrees but it’s good and grows on you, well it has on me, features guesting contemporary artist like Damian Marley, Chronixx & Busy Signal

1 Like

@igahman
Tappa Zukie great selection btw

1 Like

Marillion | Brave | 1994
One of my favourite Marillion albums, difficult and tragic subject matter beautifully expressed in the music. I have several versions of this both live and studio but not the Steven Wilson remix hence the Tidalizing.

7 Likes

Brave man Steve.

3 Likes

To quote Mick “I hope you spend longer listening to this record than we did recording it“ Sounds like you have :sunglasses:

I have their album “San Francisco”. Thanks for the reminder, will give it a listen later today.

1 Like

Money very well spent indeed.

1 Like

This is a nice start to the evening👍

3 Likes

Now playing…

Ziv Ravitz - No Man Is an Island

Ziv Ravitz (drums, electornics), Nir Felder (guitar), Will Vinson (saxophone), Gilad Hekselman (guitar on tracks 1, 2, 6), and Camila Meza (vocals on track 9).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… I have not had this album out for a spin since last spring and thought I would spend some time once again with Ziv and friends. I saw him a little over a year ago when he was playing drums with Avishai Cohen. The album is sounding superb and is one sweet album!

1 Like