What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

vinyl. haven’t spun this for quite a while now, so about time
enjoy/ken

17 Likes

Daniel Knox, brilliant baritone voice…

3 Likes

Was listening to Bobbie Gentry earlier this came up as a recommandation !!!

2 Likes

Continuing my Stones session, love the energy from some of these tracks

10 Likes

One of the best live performances I’ve ever seen. Eric’s Liverpool I think. Not sure of year.

1 Like

Elvis is Back, Elvis Presley. His first album after the army. In my opinion one of the all time greatest albums. Originally released 1960 by RCA Victor. This SACD is a reissue from Analogue Productions. Fantastic sound!

9 Likes

I feel naughty this afternoon :imp: and Mylène is the perfect mate!

2018 LP reissue

MylneFarmerEnConcert2049302_f

Claude

Not listened to this before and thought my speakers were knackered when listening to some of the tracks. Seems to be a compressed mess, which is a pity because I quite like some of the songs. Checked the dynamic range database it confirmed my first thoughts about DR.

2 Likes

This is Bor Zuljan’s debut solo recording. I love Dowland’s music and this is simply brilliant.

10 Likes

I don’t know Zulijan but love Dowland and the lute in the hands of the contemporary masters so I will have to give this a listen, thanks.

Brilliant seasonal album

10 Likes

They were a brilliant live band

Carly Simon | Coming Around Again | 1987
On to something far less challenging than Brave, this one has lots of great music that remind me of some wonderful happier times whenever I give her a play.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Big Vicious

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet, Effects, Synthesizer), Uzi Ramirez (Guitar), Yonatan Albalak (Bass Guitar), Aviv Cohen (Drums) and Ziv Ravitz (Drums, Live Sampling).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on with Avishai’s ‘Big Vicious’ album and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet! Love this album and I enjoy Avishia’s music quite a bit and this is one fantastic album…

9 Likes

Danny Schmidt - Parables & Primes - WAV CD rip
Another album from this excellent American folkie, thoughtful lyrics, lovely varied settings, and superbly sung. He’s quite high up my “Why isn’t he a major cult artist?” list, his music is really moving.

George Harrison - Brainwashed.

7 Likes

Richard & Linda Thompson - Pour Down Like Silver.

Mostly for ‘Dimming of the Day / Dargai’ and ‘Beat The Retreat’. It’s probably one of their best (come to that one of his best).

10 Likes

Surely also to hear For Shame Of Doing Wrong, a glorious song. And Jet Plane…
If you ever want to lose an evening, start watching a Dimming of the Day cover on YouTube, I once spent hours following more and more recommended versions. So many fine singers covered it.

This,as you might guess from the title, is the seventh in the series, released about a month ago. They are great albums, not too cheesy, beautifully sung and played by a gang of top musicians. As it’s the 1st of December it’s now getting its first airing. I know @trickydickie has bought this too and hopefully is enjoying it.

2 Likes