What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

8 Likes

A bit of new wave for a change seen them twice live at manchester apollo great band live.download.jpeg-4

6 Likes

Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily, now a confirmed favourite, after several recommendations on the old forum, many moons ago :+1:

18 Likes

@AlanP The starting point…

17 Likes

Yes Andy, strangely enough I had some 10,000 Maniacs, but never thought to go any further :grinning:

2 Likes

Espers - Espers II - Tidal
I’m another trying them out after enthusiasm above, and I’m hooked. Ethereal psychedelic folk really well written and performed, what’s not to love?

7 Likes

I should really be playing the vinyl copy of this which sounds way better. Damn Tidal. Getting lazier and lazier.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

2 trax off the new Lucinda Williams album entitled Good Souls Better Angels due out late April.

8 Likes

4 trax off the new Nick Mason due out mid April.

4 Likes

2 trax off the new Ron Sexsmith

2 Likes

Charles & Eddie - Duophonic, excellent vocalists in a modern soul setting from '92, thought they would have been bigger?

2 Likes

1308661633_folder

Absolute classic.

7 Likes

A little ABBA…

17 Likes

Now playing…

John Abercrombie - Class Trip

John Abercrombie (Guitar), Mark Feldman (Violin), Marc Johnson (Double-Bass) and Joey Baron (Drums).

Streaming on NAS… a recent arrival and a current favorite, so out for another spin. Love the quartet combination of guitar, violin, bass and drums, the interplay and support among the musicians is wonderful. A very sweet album and the music is sublime!

6 Likes

Playing the new Pendragon album, Love over Fear. Fantastic musicianship from these classic English prog-rockers. Nick Barrett’s guitar work is sublime as always. This is a return to a more mellow traditional sound for them after a series of heavier albums.

5 Likes

First chance to listen today, a cold beer and Phil Collins Hello, I must be going?

17 Likes

Earlier today, Anathema’s Weather Systems, for the last song “Internal Landscapes” which explores the inner experience of coming close to death and returning to life and the richness of inner life.

Pete’s post “I must be going” reminded me of it.

3 Likes

I don’t think Phil’s that serious.

1 Like

Tom Petty Highway Companion

13 Likes

Thanks @Mike_S I didn’t realise that they had a new album out. :+1:

1 Like